Cervical Mucus Help!

mbrew180

Reaction score
Ok y'all, I need some help, maybe if only to talk through it. I will be using descriptor words to describe the mucus that might be TMI, so I just want to warn you ahead.

Also, this is long, so TLDR: I don't know if I have fertile mucus or infertile mucus and I got a peak reading today.

So, I am CD 15 and I usually ovulate anywhere from 15-19. I just started really temping and such last month, but I've always been aware of my body and watching other signs such as ovulation pains and such and I'm usually pretty spot on.
Well, I have been also paying closer, more intimate attention to my cervical mucus and it never fails, it confuses me so much! Once I get a copious amount of good EWCM I'm usually like, oh, ok that's it. But, I didn't get as much last month, pretty much the day of ovulation. But, I had some good watery mucus leading up to it (at least I think) and felt good about that. I wasn't planning at home ICI last month, so I wasn't too terribly worried. I got some mucus and ovulation and I just wanted to make sure those things were happening.
Cut to this month and I'm preparing for ICI. I have the cryo-chamber in my home as we speak and I got a PEAK on my ClearBlue Easy today and I'm planning on the time to inseminate now.
BUT, I've been watching my mucus like a hawk and it's really confusing me this month. I started getting what I would describe as 1-2 mm big balls of stretchy mucus when I'd go right up to the cervix at about CD 9-10. This is where we can get a little TMI-In appearance, they were like snot. Like, they were STRETCHY balls, they didn't bounce back, and the balls of the mucus themselves were slippery, but there was no other mucus surrounding these balls. They were like when you blow your nose but accidentally didn't get it all and you have a ball of snot on your nostril and you try to wipe it off and it's stretchy and gross, lol. So, since it was so early and no other mucus ( my EWCM is usually surrounded by watery mucus that covers my fingers) I called it sticky.
Then as the days progressed, I started getting like, these white flakes that would bunch up when I would rub my fingers together to see if the mucus was slippery amongst the balls of stretchy mucus, so still, sticky, right???
Well, that has gone on until today, and today I got a peak reading, my cervix is so high it's hard to reach, and I just feel like ovulation is coming.

But, my cervical mucus is almost just, nonexistent I'd say. At first, I thought it was watery and good, but as I rubbed my fingers it bunched up and flakes like when you try to rub dry icing off your hands (you know?). I'm just confused, do I now know how to classify cervical mucus or am I getting crappy cervical mucus? I know it doesn't matter too much if I have my peak and I have my vials I'm going to inseminate, but if my mucus is crap it's not gonna help much so I wanna know if this is a problem or if I'm just confused on what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!

Mine changes every month lol, 2 months in a row I had zero ewcm, just creamy or sticky or barely anything and dry. This month I had one day of ewcm then just lots of creamy stuff after ovulation. I don't put a ton of stock into it because I think it varies based on how hydrated you are, or stress, or hormone fluctuations, etc. I feel like the cervix being high and soft is more of an indicator of ovulation than the cm. I got some Preseed lubricant in case of being dry during ovulation just to help things along. Good luck!

Thank you for your response! This is helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->