Cervical Mucus question

HAKing

Mom to two sweet boys
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been checking my CM this month and I'm sorta new at this so I feel a bit confused. So, I've noticed the dry spell after my period but I didn't notice the sticky phase and now it seems creamy. How long does each phase last? I am supposed to ovulate next weekend I think so I don't know if something is wrong or if I will ovulate sooner than expected. How long does the creamy phase last usually? I also took a opk just to see and it was negative. Im on cd13 also.

I'm certainly no expert on this but I think everyone is different and cm can vary from person to person.

I too have a bit of a dry phase for a few days after af, some whiter discharge just before ovulation, clear ewcm at time of ovulation and then thicker white discharge after. Seems pretty normal to me? :shrug: Though unsure of how many days each phase lasts.

Maybe someone else can comment?

Ok, so I've been checking my CM this month and I'm sorta new at this so I feel a bit confused. So, I've noticed the dry spell after my period but I didn't notice the sticky phase and now it seems creamy. How long does each phase last? I am supposed to ovulate next weekend I think so I don't know if something is wrong or if I will ovulate sooner than expected. How long does the creamy phase last usually? I also took a opk just to see and it was negative. Im on cd13 also.

Hi Haking :flower:
I'm no expert by any means, but have been looking a lot of things up and this struck a chord with me as I've had the same experience. There are, apparently, five main 'types' of CM experienced by 'most' women...dry, sticky, creamy, watery and eggwhite...with the last two happening when you're most fertile. But, from what I've read, it's not a given that ALL women experience every single one of these stages. Some may go straight from dry to creamy to eggwhite (that's my personal experience anyway), and others may be most fertile when they've got watery CM, but never really get the 'eggwhite' (some also like to use Pre-Seed or Conceive Plus lubricant to enhance the quality of eggwhite CM, have you thought about that?)
I think also creamy can last up to a week, but usually a few days (3/4) - again this depends on the individual woman. there's no 'right' or 'wrong'!

I am on CD 15 and won't ovulate until CD 20 I don't think - but since AF I've gone from dry to creamy and back to dry again, missing the 'sticky' stage entirely. I do usually get EWCM, so I'm not too worried that I don't get 'sticky' (especially as sticky is not usually fertile). how about you - do you get EWCM? have you ever noticed it before? as long as you're getting creamy ('possibly fertile' anyway so still a good chance) CM then I'd say there's not much to worry about. But do think about buying one of the special lubricants if you are concerned as loads of women seem to get their BFPs after using them!

Good luck!! xx:kiss:

For me my af lasts 7 days with last 3 being spotting then from day 7 - 11 i get increasing amounts of clear to white stretchy egg white mucus it stretches very far on the day that is most i presume is ov day, then i have very small amounts of clear stretchy from cd11 to 15, then from then it is like white lotion but hardly any until cd27 when af starts again. Hope this helps. Taking evening primrose oil and drinking grapefruit juice in the first half of cycle will increase fertile mucus. Or there is a lubricant called preseed and it acts as fertile mucus helpin sperm swim to egg, good luck

I will look into the preseed and other things to improve CM. I have just recently started charting my CM so I don't really have anything to compare it to in the past. Everything seems normal and I do remember ggetting EWCM in the past so im not worried but it just seemed odd to go from dry to creamy without sticky!

Mine goes from dry, straight after my period.. to a creamy lotion texture for the week preceeding ovulation then it goes... BAM! Positive OPK, EWCM that afternoon...(almost as if my body is saying.. NOW NOW NOW:...mwhahah too late.) then the day after it goes creamy and chunky, then now it goes really chunky, sticky (this month it's yellow WTH??! o_O) then it dries up to nothing a few days before AF arrives and then... ta dah...Af.

LOL.... sorry this is not funny but it's fun to find you girls: HAKing, Morticia and Rivetkitten here :) Seems we are all having and reading the same questions!....
Just posted a question about EWCM earlier.... i know i had it in the past but can't remember when as I wasn't paying attention....
CD 14 for me and only just going from about 5 days of dry to slightly lotiony now (not much though) now dying for those bloody OPK to show I am going to ovulate!!!
Getting such a faint line at the mo, barely there..... does it surge rapidly or do you normally always get quite a good line but not as dark... now freaking I am laking LH all together!

LOL.... sorry this is not funny but it's fun to find you girls: HAKing, Morticia and Rivetkitten here :) Seems we are all having and reading the same questions!....
Just posted a question about EWCM earlier.... i know i had it in the past but can't remember when as I wasn't paying attention....
CD 14 for me and only just going from about 5 days of dry to slightly lotiony now (not much though) now dying for those bloody OPK to show I am going to ovulate!!!
Getting such a faint line at the mo, barely there..... does it surge rapidly or do you normally always get quite a good line but not as dark... now freaking I am laking LH all together!

Hi Euro! :flower:
Ha - yes, we're lurking in the same threads! let's hope we'll be in the same First Trimester one soon though!!!
I am exactly the same as you - ie. nothing but a faint faint line on OPK as yet, haven't tested since getting my first EWCM yesterday though, so will see tonight if it's changed in any way...I have been panicking a bit wondering if I do have any LH - enough to have a 'surge' - but think that any line has got to be a good sign? have you had any EWCM yet? CD 18 for me! Hoping CD 20 is O day! xx

Seems like we are at the same point will POAS later on today again as this morning was even fainter than last night... which seem to have finally gone to "noticeable".
No EWCM yet though.... we live in hope!!!

Hey girl. Every body is different! I never have creamy. Also am never dry afte period. Apparently most women are! I am estrogen dominant so I have multiple days of eggwhite cm. It's a bad thing thought because I have low progesterone. So when I do concieve. My body won't keep it. ;( sadly!
But to me it sounds like your getting ready to ovulate!
Creamy=fertile. So get to BDing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"