• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Cervical mucus

helski

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

A personal question I apologise if TMI but what has your cervical mucus been like during the first trimester?

Mine is plentiful and clear, occasionally the lightest brown/yellow tint. I'm 4w 5d

Hi ladies,

A personal question I apologise if TMI but what has your cervical mucus been like during the first trimester?

Mine is plentiful and clear, occasionally the lightest brown/yellow tint. I'm 4w 5d

Well hun mine been the same im due December 11 but my tint cm been yellowish aswell.

Hi hun, I have quite alot of cm if i'm honest and its not the nicest of colours either, quite yellowy limey colour, no infectin or anything though so i guess its just the way it is?

Hi hun, I have quite alot of cm if i'm honest and its not the nicest of colours either, quite yellowy limey colour, no infectin or anything though so i guess its just the way it is?

if it alot if cm you might just go get it checked out to make sure your not going through an mc...

Mine goes from clear as glass to yellow. I think it has to do with my prenatal vit. They make my pee Super yellow..

if it alot if cm you might just go get it checked out to make sure your not going through an mc...

What a thing to say! - so far so good thankyou, luckily your comment hasnt worried me but had I been different that would have really scared me.. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i've been the same throughout all of them, for anyone else who may be having quite alot of 'cm' please dont worry that it may be a misscarriage unless you have any other symptoms alongside with the cm ie blood/pain.. i'm now going to keep my fingers crossed that everything is ok. Thankyou Hotpink.

What a thing to say! - so far so good thankyou, luckily your comment hasnt worried me but had I been different that would have really scared me.. This is my 3rd pregnancy and i've been the same throughout all of them, for anyone else who may be having quite alot of 'cm' please dont worry that it may be a misscarriage unless you have any other symptoms alongside with the cm ie blood/pain.. i'm now going to keep my fingers crossed that everything is ok. Thankyou Hotpink.

i agree i was a little taken back by that comment.... When I MC i did not have increased or changed CM..... lots of CM is totally normal there is so many hormones flying around your body. And I am sorry to say in my experience it doesnt get any better lol

Mine has been virtually nonexistent.

Can a lot of CM mean MC then? I didn't know that, I thought it was ok as long as not brown /red. How much is too much?

I wasnt trying to scare you just saying that you sure have it checked out just in case of an mc...

No Charlie!! ah bless you - see this is my point, a comment like that will worry people, its incorrect too!! its completely normal to have lots of discharge, or none atall, either way its normal! - dont worry, if you have no blood in your CM, bad smelling CM (which can 'sometimes' be a sign of infection) or pain then there is no reason for concern, increased CM is completely normal, please PLEASE dont worry!! xxxx

I wasnt trying to scare you just saying that you sure have it checked out just in case of an mc...

Apolgies if I took it the wrong way but its important to add that increased CM is completely normal during pregnancy, I have no cause for alarm, my concern is others who read this during there first pregnancies who havent experienced it before will now worry they are going through a MC and I feel its unneccessary worry for them.

This is a very inconsiderate thing to say, and so bluntly too! I have never heard of lots of cm being a sign of miscarriage, only a signof a healthy pregnancy!! I don't see why people bother to comment if they have nothing nice to say! This is supposed to be a supportive forum!

This is my first pregnancy and if I was a different natured person I could have been really worrying?
Anyway... Back to cm! I would say mine is more a White colour & I tend to get it every day!! Xx

Its totally normal, and one of the most annoying side effects of pregnancy if you ask me. Just stock up on pantyliners ladies because it only gets worse. haha

Increased CM is completely normal in pregnancy. I have asked my MD about this specifically as I have noticed a large increase in CM during my first trimester, although in the past couple of weeks, it has ebbed and flowed. She told me that increased CM is completely normal and is caused by hormones. Not all women get it, so those who don't have increased CM should not be concerned, as every woman is different.

Also, she did tell me that if the CM is accompanied by a strange odor, to get checked out for a possible UTI, which is also not uncommon to occur. But odorless yellow, clear, white, even slightly greenish tinged CM is completely normal.

mine is clear one day and whiteish/even greenish some other days. no odor, but just lots of it!!its a bit different ot my first pregnancy. It increased but not as much as this time. Guess Samantha675 said, stock up on pantyliners :)

Thanks ladies, you have helped put my mind at rest!

Yes, thank you! I was just about to start frantically googling so thanks for putting my mind at rest. Us first timers (especially those of us who have had a mc before) tend to panic at the suggestion that something might be wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"