Cervical Position help!

cco

Teeny Tiny bit pregnant
Reaction score
I am new here and me and hubby have been TTC for the past few months with no luck yet. The first couple of months we just tried when I thought I was ovulating and last month I used OPK but this month I have decided to try to use every tool available to get pregnant so I will be using OPK's along with the BBT thermometer and also by checking my cervical positioning and fluid through my cycle. Well last night I tried for the first time feeling for my cervix and I don't know if I did it wrong or tried to hard but now I am very uncomfortable inside. I also felt a slight almost burning achey feeling when I pee. Did I screw my body up? Could it be I irritated myself since I had know clue how I was searching for the cervix? Ughhh I am mad at myself now for trying too hard. Any ideas what I did?? Thanks!

Probably just irritated yourself a bit. If you are close to ovulating then your cervix will be really high so it will be hard to find. It will feel like the tip of your nose when not ovulating. That means its closed. When you are ovulating it will feel like the tip of your chin or maybe even as soft as your lips. I have a hard time finding mine when ovulating as I often confuse it with my g-spot because to me they feel similar when ovulating.

For me I feel my g-spot and then usually feel the cervix shortly after.

thanks so much for helping me get to the bottom of this! i think i did feel it but it seemed kind of high up and this is the beginning of my cycle. I started at the second day of my menstrual cylcle because i wanted to see the change it went through throughout my cycle but now I am too scared to try it again because of the pain i caused. If I did feel what was my cervix it felt kind of hard but slightly squishy and almost like a pencil tip in the center?? I have no idea how to explain what I felt. I wasnt sure if that was my cervix (it was pretty high up...my whole middle finger...sorry so graphic) or closer to the front (maybe half my finger) was a squishier maybe more rough feeling skin thingy...lol sorry. i have no clue how to describe and sound normal.

Yup that sounds like your cervix. Put a finger to the tip of your nose, its like that. Hard surface but squishy if you push on it. Mine hurt the first time I felt around, now its easier to find as I know where to go :haha:

And mine is also about one middle finger up, and I have LONG fingers. Hence when its very hard to find when ovulating. They say put one foot on the toilet but I find that harder lol. So I will squat usually or lay on my back and thrust my hips in the air. That seems to make it easier for me at least. You just have to "fish" around and find out what works lol.

ok so i guess i probably just irritated myself than as i was trying to find it. I don't think i irritated the actual cervix but i think maybe something else as i was searching for it. I want to describe the way I feel as almost like a urinary infection feeling. Slightly achey and burny inside. I guess I will give it a couple of days to feel better and maybe i will try again. i don't know. i am a little scared thinking about it but the time is ticking and I have to start trying all my options to conceive. I thought this month was my month. In my head I had every single early pregnancy symptom but unfortunately AF popped up on sunday.

Make sure you have freshly washed hands and use a mild scent free and non antibactierial soap. Is it possible that maybe a little anti bacterial or lotion on your hands? You could have just very well irritated it by being one of those things. Also if you just came off of AF, you don't have much cervical mucus, which would make you dry. So its also possible that it was too dry and that was an irritation.

And early pregnancy symptoms are close to PMS. It really is a big slap in the face! I hope you are not TTC for very long but after awhile you have to become immune to them and not read into every little detail. Its hard, but for me its the only way to keep going. That way when I get a BFP, it will be an even bigger surprise because I won't see it coming! haha.

I made sure my hands were spotless lol.....i scrubbed them in the shower...thats when i tried. i am feeling much better today. i guess i am just very sensitive.
we have been trying since november. But november and december we basically went the route of stop using condoms and see what happens. starting january it became more serious. it definitely is frustrating but i know we have to keep on going. thanks so much for your help. it has made me feel better.

Did you trim your nails before checking. I find sometimes the fingernail can irritate the cervix even if it seems short already. If you find checking the CP uncomfortable you should be able to get enough information from the fluid alone. (which can be checked externally)

i agree velo. i decided not to check the CP and just stick with temps, opk and CF. thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->