cervix check?

Baby1forus

Reaction score
My OB told me she will be checking my cervix at my next appointment, and I'm worried. Does it hurt? When I was at the hospital last week for a non stress test, the lady in the next room screamed when they checked her. Is it that bad that I'm likely to scream? What was it like when you had yours checked? (for those who have been through it of course)

My doctor checked my cervix for the first time on Tuesday and it didn't hurt it just felt like a little extra pressure down there. But everyone is different so what didn't bother me could be rather uncomfortable for you.
Sorry I don't have much else to add...

I have had mine checked with a speculum and that really hurt but not with fingers. I've heard it hurts but depends on the Dr doing it and helps if you try to relax your bits when they're doing it (i was nervous and scared and made a fool of myself by lifting my butt off the bed and trying to pull the thing out...don't do that, haha) x

i dont think it hurts at all just uncomfortable but everyone is different :) x

Its not bad! I'm really quite swollen down there so its not a great feeling but definitely not worth screaming about! You'll be fine! No worries :)

It seems to just depend on the person and the doctor doing the exam. I've had mine checked twice and to be honest with you I find it to be pretty darn painful. Not scream worthy though. Lol. I wouldn't worry yourself about it. :)

I was checked 6 times over the course of my 5 day stay in the hospital for preterm labor at 29 weeks. The first time I had a speculum exam which was very uncomfortable along with many different scrapings they did for every test imaginable. Then I was checked. It was uncomfortable. I think I said ow. Then a different md came in an hour later and she was really rough. It hurt enough for the nurses to grab my hands. My husband didnt know what to do. He was just kind of in shock of why this doctor that I had never met before was hurting me. I was transfered my ambulance to a different town and I was checked by a nurse which didnt really hurt. A little uncomfortable but not painful. I was checked every day by the same doctor and it didnt hurt at all. I didnt even flinch or tense up. It really depends on how gentle they are with you. I always make it a point to tell them to please be gentle with me because I am sensitive. I dont know if it makes a difference, but it doesnt hurt to ask :) Just rememeber to relax your lady parts and breath.

Every woman is different. For me it sorta hurts and it's very uncomfortable. It's definitely not something to cry in pain over but a few facial grimaces and an "ouch" here and there instead. lol

I had a check with fingers and it didnt hurt just a lot of pressure

I had one at my last week appointment and barely felt anything, just pressure. I think being relaxed and not tensing up helps.

Thanks ladies :) I feel better about it now. When I heard the lady in the hospital scream she was told she was 2cms, maybe that's why it was so bad for her, she was in labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->