Cervix length 25mm at 20 weeks..... anyone gone to term without cerclage?

Confused85

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been told my cervix length is 25mm at 20 weeks and am worried I may need a stitch put in. I am being monitored weekly now to determine if I need a stitch.

My first born arrived 6 weeks early and since then I’ve had lletz treatment, they took 12mm away. Due to this I knew I may have a risk of another premature birth but this time even earlier, hence the cervix length scan at 20 weeks. I have not been diagnosed with an incompetent cervix yet.

Has anyone gone to term or to at least 34 weeks with a cervix as short as 25mm without needing a stitch? I’m so scared to have a stitch put it, it sounds so risky.

Or if anyone has had to have a stitch put in, how was it and did it work?

Many thanks,

Natalie.

I’m 24 weeks and 6 days but I only got diagnosed yesterday with short cervix. What are they doing to keep baby in?

I couldn't tell you what my cervix was at 20 weeks because they didn't measure it. But at my 30 weeks echo with DS2, my cervix was 15mm (and I was told it was supposed to be 35mm at that stage). I was also 2 cm dilated. I made it to 37+1 without any treatment or anything. They had suggested bedrest, but I was working from home with a 18months toddler home with me due to the pandemic, so I wasn't even able to do the bed rest!

I'm sending you a lot of positive vibes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->