Cervix not Ripe :(

sarah_george

♥Proud Mummy!♥
Reaction score
Cant believe it! went for my sweep today only to be told that my cervix is not ripe so she wouldnt do it! she said its closed and tucked to the back of babys head, I feel like :cry: I had my first 2 around the due dates so i'm now sat here wondering whether this means this baby is gonna be awkward and hang around another few weeks :hissy: how long does it take to ripen? am soo deflated I really thought I wouldnt have long left now I cant bare another 2 and 1/2 weeks :cry: :cry: weird thing is I have been having really painful BH for weeks, obviously they wasnt doing anything either! xx

aww hun..sorry to hear that.

I'm sure LO will be ready to come soon enough. Try to keep your chin up.

Love Laura. xx

(((hugs)))
I was told the same thing Friday night,'long and closed and not ready' :(
Just like last time with Zachery.
I had to be induced at 41 weeks because zilch was happening.
I thought this time was different because of all the painful BH and twinges etc

I really had this feeling this morning that he would come today, I know he's around 9lbs already I just cant believe they are just gonna leave me to go to 42 wks! Ive tried googling to see how quick your cervix can ripen but I dont seem to be able to find out? someone must know xx

When i had my sweep at 37 wks i was told i doubt its worked and ur cervix wasnt very favourable i started contracting 24 hrs later xxx

Awww, honey, I'm so sorry to hear that! It must be so frustrating :(

I think when its not your first baby you dont tend to dialate early. Alot of first time mums can be 1-3cm for weeks before they give birth.
Im sure baby will be out before you know it.

Awww hunny...had such high hopes for you today xx
I don't know how fast your cervix can ripen hun, sorry xx
Let's hope he makes an appearance soon for you, can't wait to meet the lil guy xx

My midwife tried to do a sweep for me at 40 +9 and she couldn't do it as my cervix wasn't favorable and she couldn't even reach it.

That was at 6:00pm, at 6:00am the following morning i started having very mild contractions. At 8:00am they got stronger. Niamh was born a few hours later at 11:12am.

I was gutted when the midwife couldn't do my sweep and cried when she went!! Just because the sweep wasn't done doesn't mean you won't go into labour. goodluck

I had an unsuccessful sweep on wednesday as my cervix was firmly shut and posterior as well - trust me its a good thing they didnt try and oh my god it hurt.

I went back on friday for a second, just two days later and cervix was anterior and 1cm dilated. Don't give up hope and insist on another sweep in a couple of days. Its amazing how much can change in such a short space of time.

XXX

My midwife tried to do a sweep for me at 40 +9 and she couldn't do it as my cervix wasn't favorable and she couldn't even reach it.

That was at 6:00pm, at 6:00am the following morning i started having very mild contractions. At 8:00am they got stronger. Niamh was born a few hours later at 11:12am.

I was gutted when the midwife couldn't do my sweep and cried when she went!! Just because the sweep wasn't done doesn't mean you won't go into labour. goodluck

Thanks for that hun, I really need some help in the Positive Mental Attitude department! I reeally felt like crying earlier, when you get to this stage everyday is like a week, dread to think what a few more weeks would feel like xxx

Sorry you couldnt have your sweep. You could run out and buy evening primrose oil capsels.Then have you or your hubby break it open and rub the oil on your cervix. I've know MANY women who go to bed and wake up with some contractions and an thin opened cervix. :) It's suppose to ripen the cervix very well. Have some lovin too! Good luck!!!!

Sorry you couldnt have your sweep. You could run out and buy evening primrose oil capsels.Then have you or your hubby break it open and rub the oil on your cervix. I've know MANY women who go to bed and wake up with some contractions and an thin opened cervix. :) It's suppose to ripen the cervix very well. Have some lovin too! Good luck!!!!

Hmm, that gives me an idea, would we be able to just use it as a lubricant? kill 2 birds with one stone, thanks for the idea xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->