Cervix pain?

booker1981

Expecting # 2
Reaction score
Seriously, what is this pain in my cervix and what does it mean?

Is it like a scraping feeling? cause i get this alot and have been getting it ever since my baby got into cephalic position. when ive tried to find out what it could be ive come up with different explanations, some said that it was baby moving around, some that its just your cervix getting itself ready and another said that although it feels like the cervix its more than likely the baby putting pressure on your bladder.

in other words no body actually knows lol but for me the closer i get to my due date the more i notice it, last few nights it has woke me up and can feel quite sharp. personally i think its just the baby wriggling around down there but who knows!!!! lol

x

normally if this is yr first baby then its just the pressure of bubs and the position he/she is in.
If this is yr second third etc then it could be what i am experiencing and that is my cervix stings as it thins slightly and opens then the pain goes and it shuts again.
I have prev had a prem baby and these pains that i feel now were what i felt with my son before i went into labour with him only they lasted longer, and other than dull backache i had no other symptoms.
My midwife says if they last a minute or less they are nothing to worry about and a lot of second time mums have them, but if they go for longer and are more painful then to go to hospital.
I am sure everything is ok but if yr worried yoy should have a selection of mw no's to call so do so and see what they say xx

They are like stabbing pains that come and go every so often. Im paranoid im going to go into labour early as i have my section booked for 21st feb. Im measuring 2 weeks ahead and baby is already 2/5 engaged. This is my second baby.

i get it regularly i dont think its anything to worry about

I am getting it more often, too. My OB says it's just from the baby being very low and putting pressure on the cervix. It's awful, though!

I've been getting this too, like a sharp shooting pain.

My midwife says its normal, but ouch! lol

They are like stabbing pains that come and go every so often. Im paranoid im going to go into labour early as i have my section booked for 21st feb. Im measuring 2 weeks ahead and baby is already 2/5 engaged. This is my second baby.

Well my mw said to time them do they last longer than a minute?
if they do ring up and say yr concerned then go in and get checked out, better safe than sorry, big hug xx

I had this terribly bad last week and chalked it up to baby engaging as that seemed to be what everyone was told. BUT when i talked to my OB on monday she said it was ligament pain. Yup, remember when you got them earlier in your pregnancy? Well she said now they are stretched to the max and so it causes shooting pains downwards and can go into the tops of your thighs(which for me it did and that seemed to be more painful/uncomfortable then just in my pubic region). She said it could also be baby hitting a nerve.

In either case it is normal and nothing to be concerned about. I also had a lot of cramping last week with & without the shooting pains & extreme pressure from babys head. I dont know how far dilated I was before then but monday I was dilated to 3cm & 30% effaced. I think it had something to do with all the pains from last week so good luck!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->