cervix pls help ........

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by daisydoo, Apr 23, 2009.

1. daisydoo

daisydoo Mummy to Oliver & Amelia

can any one help pls im so worried just checked my cervix (i know i shouldnt i dont know why i did) and it feels really low and 'open' a bit. just spoke to nhs direct lady who told me off and said it cant be my cervix or i would have miscaried by now - must be something else but im sure it is? can any one help at all pls? xx

2. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

I don't see how you check your cervix yourself! When I went into the ER for spotting they had to use a pretty long utensil to see into my cervix. If your cervix had been open anyways and you were miscarrying you would have high chances of bleeding and very painful cramping. If you have neither then you really don't have anything to worry about. Good luck hun! :)

3. tootsy1987

tootsy1987 Abbi and Alfie - My World

Hey hunny, you would never feel ur cervix open as the hole is sooo tiny....

You have probably caught a ridge or something, my cervix felt low also when i was pregnant. Dont worry about it at all. Unless you start to bleed i wouldnt worry at all.

xxxx

4. daisydoo

thanks for you replies girls. i have slept on it and feel much better this morning. thing is i am so so sure it's my cervix - sorry if this is tmi but whatever it is feels hard and is (this really is tmi sorry) only a 'digit finger' up. thinkg the nurse thought i'd 'gone fishing' but i hadnt - you cant miss it. now im worried about calling the docs incase i end up getting treated like imm being an idiot again and also dont want to put any danger towards the baby if they do an internal? i read somewhere some cervixes need a stitch in as the are incompetent and this is just in the back of my mind i think?

5. CharlieP

CharlieP Mum to Charlie

Hey hun... I wouldn't even go there with trying to understand how your cervix should feel... its such an unreliable way of telling anything you will just end up worrying yourself (as you have)...

Perhaps phone your GP to check but I would say going forward don't bother checking again!

Good luck. xx

6. Lucy Lu

Lucy Lu Well-Known Member

Daisydoo - try not to worry. Would really recommend trying not to, coming from someone that was an obsessive cervix checker around ovulation time, I know how you feel though!!! When I was about 4-6 weeks, I felt it a couple of times, and it always seemed so low, hard but slightly open. It just got me worrying so I've managed to leave it alone since then, and have made it to 13 weeks (touchwood) and all looked ok in the scan last week, so sure you will be fine.

Know it's easier said than done, but try to relax. xx

...Ooh just remembered as well, isn't it also supposed to change depending on how full your bowels are? It's such an unreliable sign of anything. I only found it useful to tell me when ov was approaching - anything else, like am I pregnant, or am I still pregnant, and it just confuses you!

7. daisydoo

thanks so much for all your help girls - don't know what i would do without this site xxx an update is i called the docs and they didnt have any appoinments but gave me the number of my local early preg unit... they were brilliant. lovely nurse spoke to me and said all womens bodies diff - my bits :blush: might only be short so my cervix would feel lower and basically told me to keep away from it! really lovely though and her and you guys have put my mind to rest so thank you all xxxxxx