Cervix position....

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do you all find any value in checking the position of your cervix? From what I've read it should be high and soft at this phase of pregnancy but mine is really low and doesn't feel necessarily soft....I'm freaking myself out I'm sure but the fact that mine is the opposite of how they say it "should be" is making me nervous....

Leave your cervix alone. Mine just recently got high (only was checking it past couple of days when I spotted slight tan/light brown). Otherwise early pregnancy (3 weeks an 4 weeks) cervix was quite low like really low. Don't worry about any other day but today. Today you are pregnant.

I don't think anyone should check their own cervix... I think that's just nasty and it will only make you worried and panic...

As Butterflywolf said, leave your cervix be! I know it's tempting, but you could be introducing bad bacteria up there. As for the cervix position, couldn't tell you where it's at now that I know I'm pregnant. Up until the day I got my positive though, it was all over the place. It would be high and soft one day and firm and low the next so I wouldn't worry about it at all. :)

I can safely say I have never checked my cervix and don't think I ever will!

When I was pregnant I tried checking my cervix and it felt just like it did when I was ovulating most of the time, but sometimes it felt really low. Just before my miscarriage my OB declared it, "high and as firm as firm can be", so while it can be a useful tool in trying to conceive once you're there just let it be.

Checking your cervix isn't "nasty". I often did it while trying to conceive as well. It's not always the most useful tool as how it feels can be a bit subjective. If you be sure to wash your hands thoroughly prior you can prevent causing any infections.

I probably won't continue doing it since it didn't clear anything up for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->