cervix question?

shezzy03

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I am currently 8dpo. Have been testing for a few days, not surprisingly all bfn :(. I havent often checked my cervix. Ut Ive noticed the last 3 maybe more days my cervix has been very low. I think its hard. I have no idea what this means.

I have a few questions:

how can you tell if its open or closed?
And is there major difference between hard and soft?
Does the position mean anything?

Thanks for any help :)

Checking your cervix, in my opinion, really tells you nothing.

That doesn't stop me from doing it - but I literally learn nothing from it.

In order to tell whether it's open/closed/hard/soft, really the only way to know is to continue checking and "get to know" your own cervix. Mine feels open if it feels like the hole is the size of the tip of my finger. It's closed if it feel puckered. Hard and soft feel completely different to me now, however if I were first checking I'd probably think hard felt soft, becuase.. it's the inside of our bodies! How "hard" can things be?? haha.

Really, the only gain from checking your cervix is getting to know how yours feels/acts/reacts throughout the cycle, so you can tell if things are different from other cycles. In order to do that, you should be checking the same time every day so the high/low recording is meaningful. Your cervix changes position throughout the day, usually higher in the morning and lower in the evening. But, if you check every morning and it's high, high, high, low - then that could mean something, ya know?

Oh! Checking my cervix DOES help me pin point ovulation, but only after. I was waiting to ovulate and I thought I did on Friday afternoon. By Friday night my cervix was closed instead of open. So I guess there is SOME information you can gain.

Moral - checking your cervix is a faulty science. We all do it, because we want to know as much information as possible, but really - it's kind of meaningless info.

Again, in my opinion.

GL!

Agree with the PP - checking your cervix at this stage in your cycle means nothing. Every women is different and the cervix moves around so much you will drive yourself crazy.

The only time I check mine now is around ovulation so I can tell when it's in SHOW.

Other than that - leave it alone!

Haha thank you ladies. Glad i havent wasted too much time checking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->