Cetrotide injection site reaction

Megan0625

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm on an IVF cycle now and have been doing my stim injections (Gonal-f and Menopur). Those injections have been going really well and I've been responding nicely to the medications. They had me start my Cetrotide injections today though and that injection was the worst! I immediately had redness, swelling, and a huge welt at injection site and it burns and itches. It's been an hour since the injection and the welt is gone but the redness and swelling is still there. Has anyone else had similar skin reactions to Cetrotide? I called my clinic and they said it's quite a common reaction. Does anybody else have experience with that that has some tips to make the reaction go away more quickly? I'm not looking forward to doing these Cetrotide injections for the next 5 days. Thank you!

Try icing the area for five or so minutes before you inject and then at least rubbing ice on it again directly after. I still got some redness doing that but it definitely helped, especially with the burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->