Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

I am having a few second thoughts about my dress. This is it on someone else, and there's a link to me in it on the first page of this blog.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/6a0120a65f64b9970c0154383a691f970c-580wi_zpsfbca33f8.jpeg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/claire-pettibone-kristene_zps4be577e8.jpeg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/6a0120a65f64b9970c01675eb053bd970b-580wi_zpsb9f55396.jpeg

Do you think it would look better with a sash to define the waist and a deeper v-neck like with this dress? I tried this dress on and adored the shape but my mum didn't like the red on it. I dunno :shrug:

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/2730_zps27d1103d.jpeg

Noooo, the dress looks beautiful on you!! I'll be honest, when you first poste the thread asking about where you could get one I googled it and felt the pictures made it look really shapeless. But when you put the pictures of you wearing it you totally rock it. I think the woman it was on in the pics was just a bit shapeless (does that sound mean??) :lol: Do not put a sash around it. It will just cover up all that gorgeous detail

I wouldn't change a single thing about your dress. It is perfect on you and for you. Honestly, you are breathtakingly stunning in it.

Thank you girls :flower: Next time I try it on I might experiment with a deeper v-neck and see what it looks like, but good to know it's okay as it is :)

Started a pre-wedding beauty regime today. My hair is a mess from a decade of bleaching and my skin is okay but could be better. I bought a load of Lush products to treat myself and am now using a hair mask weekly, organic shampoo and conditioner, and a leave in conditioner. I bloody love Lush stuff, it works so well and smells so pretty! Also have a weekly face mask and a new organic cleanser. Gonna start toning and moisturising too. I wear makeup every day but I'm rubbish with actual skin care. I also stopped using fake tan a few months ago, and am not dying it anymore so it will be back to it's mousey blonde soon. Not gonna use any heat on it either or any hair spray. Fingers crossed I'll be all pretty and polished by November! Also gonna start using a whitening tooth paste. I'd love those invisible braces as I hate my teeth but not an option unfortunately. Pre-wedding diet to begin after Christmas, but for now I'm enjoying the binging :haha:

Im stalking! love all your ideas... your wedding is going to be gorgeous :)

I need to do everything you've said but I only have 5 months to do it :dohh:

That's plenty of time Aly! I have been using new products for a week and already people are saying there's a big difference. I think two months before is when people usually start!

Few more things to add to my wedding collection!

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/il_fullxfull390242235_9chv_zps1a4dbab4.jpeg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/il_fullxfull389269747_8lzu_zps69d85212.jpeg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/il_fullxfull332790764_zps739c9f56.jpeg

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/il_fullxfull358978134_zpsdbc397b0.jpeg

And my OH is helping my set up a website offering everything I have for my wedding for hire, and also showing a few designs for invites and offering services as a wedding decor planner. Very tentative at the moment, I know it will most likely not take off but I thought it was worth a try!

Fantastic news on the website :thumbup: I really hope it does take off for you. You'd be brill at it. You just gotta remember that you're leaving yourself wide open for people to tell you they don't like your ideas (but also remember that those people are WRONG!!!! :lol:)

And as for the regimes, by hair was always such good condition until I went blonde this year. But I've not touched it for over a month and plan to leave it untouched until the wedding. My skin is very up and down too. My biggest annoyance would be if I spent weeks on an intensive skin care regime ten still ended up with a huge spot the day of the wedding :dohh: But my biggest issue is my teeth. I've looked into those invisible braces and a huge down side to them is it massively increases your chances of cavities, which would be worse :nope:

I am blonde but started bleaching it at 13... HUGE mistake! The condition is terrible! Though the Lush stuff is making so much difference it's unreal! For spots on the day I've heard crushing aspirin with a bit of water so it's like toothpaste and using as a face mask the night before is amazing for stopping any spots. Think I'll be doing this! I didn't know they caused cavities, that sucks! I wish I'd had braces at 15 but I was too embarrassed at the time. I'm sure your teeth are fine though! Perhaps just whiten them, even awful teeth look better super white :)

I've not heard that aspirin one before :thumbup: I've heard a few instant fix type home remedies like that though. I think I'll need to make a compilation of them all. Haha

I'm sure your hair isn't that bad. Have you stopped bleaching it now until the wedding? Should give it plenty of time to recover. Just make sure you have regular trims.

Annoyingly I DID have braces at 15 :dohh: but my teeth, like everyone elses I know who had braces, have gone all crooked again. Not as bad as they were, but I'm still unhappy with them. It's hard to realise that what stands out to us most likely goes unnoticed by everyone else. I rarely give a toothy smile but when I do I get lots of compliments on it, and I'm sure you do too! Nevertheless, I've got an appt in Jan about doing something about mine. But I agree, whitening them is a definite :lol:

Ooh good luck! Let me know how it goes, I'd love to do something about my teeth! Looked in to veneers but they're so so expensive! Yeah I got it dyed to my natural colour in August (how it is in my display picture) so that I don't need to be doing my roots anymore. It was white blonde before though so quite damaged.

More beautiful things :)
The website sounds like a fab idea, I really hope it goes well for you, I deffo think you have an eye for it all!

Oh my gosh I couldn't imagine you with white blonde hair. Your hair is a lovely colour in your profile picture!! I've done the same. Dyed my natural colour so I don't need to do anything to it :lol:

I thought it looked cool and quirky but now I realise I just looked a bit chavvy :dohh: This is it when it was bleached. Never again!
389286_10151757114555541_1500920917_n.jpg

Have had a lovely day looking around brick-a-brak stores with my mum today. I got a little silver pot for £2, some records to add to my wedding collection, and an amazing wooden cabinet that I am going to transform in to a bar at the wedding, sort of like this (although the one I found was miles nicer). I am amazed how cheap things are in some places when you can pay five times that in standard shops.

Attachments

• 15427847652.jpg
    15427847652.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
Having huge issues with my invites! I cannot get them right! Done a billion different designs now. I have the inside bit done but I can't get the outer box right. This is my latest fail. The map is of star constellations and the writing says "A party by the light of the moon". Driving me mental!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 23.24.39.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-03 at 23.24.39.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
I think that's beautiful!! But I sympathise with the frustration. I am going through a similar thing with my bouquet :hissy: Whatever you do is going to be gorgeous though

Yet another fab idea, they look great!
I don't think I can wait til November to see pictures of your day, I'm so excited :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->