Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

And I got a few more bits and bobs in the post today! A beautiful oil lamp, a cake stand, some dried roses and lavender, a milk jug, and some serving bits :happydance:

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/dashboard-1_zps29b88148.jpeg

I love your outdoor tent idea :thumbup: just have to hope it doesn't rain. But then, don't we all hope it doesn't rain on our wedding days?? Haha

See, I told you your final design would be amazing. I can't wait to see the final thing

Out of those four I would probably go for a mix of the Graham&Green holders and the nkuku. Which is your favourite?

I really really don't know which is my favourite! Totally stuck. I really wanted long candles but not allowed :(

I know, would be so gutted if it rained! I guess I'd just have to have an impromptu indoor ceremony if it did.

Please please can someone help me out with chairs? My venue doesn't have them so I need to hire them, but I don't like the standard gold ones that are popular at the moment (or that style of chair in any colour, really). I like chiavari chairs, but they don't really fit my venue. What I really want is a mishmash of different antique looking chairs but cannot find anywhere to hire them from! These are the sorts I like, though I'm open to suggestions!

Attachments

• prod80140_S13.jpg
    prod80140_S13.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 0
  • Chairs%20-%20Dining%20set%20of%204%20Vintage%20Wood_md.jpeg
    Chairs%20-%20Dining%20set%20of%204%20Vintage%20Wood_md.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
Your invites look fab!

Loving your new buys! Candle wish I prefer the top 3 styles and think they fit in better, just looking from the picture above of your new buys!

I'm no help with chairs but the picture you put of the first chair is gorgeous!

I know I just adore that first one! If only I could find them for hire :( And thank you!

I got a bit carried away buying lovely wedding underwear last night :blush:

Planning on wearing Spanx during the day and then change in to these at night. Totally impractical but I think they're so pretty, and my OH will love them!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.00.49.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.00.49.png
    54 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.00.59.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.00.59.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.01.08.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 13.01.08.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
They are gorgeous!! My OH doesn't care for lingerie, so I won't be buying anything special :lol: Although I might treat myself anyway. Haha

Got myself all upset this evening. I'm stressing that no one will come because it's quite far for some people, and we'll end up just sat there with our parents. Also worried that people will say yes and then cancel on us right before because they can't be bothered. I don't know if I'm being silly :cry:

Also thinking that if there aren't many people the wedding will just feel empty and crap. We're not inviting that many as it is... I mean I'm really hoping we can count on family, but friends can be flakey. Anyone else have these worries?

Not really, I'm hoping some family don't come because its far lol but we have lots of family so a few not coming wont make a difference. But if I were just having a small wedding I could understand your fears

I emailed a company, Vintage Style Hire, about hiring chairs for the wedding. She's also a wedding planner/stylist, which is an area I'd love to get in to, but I wasn't particularly interested in the fact that she did it as I just wanted the chairs really. She asked if I had a blog or Pinterest so that she could see my style to match the sort of chairs I might be interested in, so I showed her both my Pinterest ( https://pinterest.com/ketchupsandwich/w-e-d/ ) and my blog, which I actually only set up to show my sister and best friend my ideas ( https://champagneandcrumpets.tumblr.com/ ). She emailed me back and asked, out of the blue, if I wanted to be a guest poster on her blog! I know it's not much but I'm really excited, especially as she's a professional wedding planner! :happydance:

Yey thats good! I wouldn't worry about people turning up - I am also having a small wedding and I know the people that come will be the important people. And I probably (hopefully) won't even notice them once I'm standing there saying my vows. xx

Ohh wow that's fantastic news about becoming a guest blogger, congratulations! Make sure you let us know how it goes :)

Fab news about your guest blogger position, and on a site that is already established. Must be so exciting! And it's a good way to gain interest in your own styling/planning service ;) ;)

As for people not turning up, I have the same anxiety :wacko: it really stresses me out! My first wedding dream was me and OH were in a massive hotel gettin ready by ourselves and everyone had forgotten. I rang my BMs and they both said they'd forgotten and had made other plans so couldn't make it. I had no-one to do up my dress or anything. It was a bad dream :lol: But im sure it'll be fine. Of the people you're inviting how close are you to them? If they can't make it would they tell you or would they just avoid the subject? Have you sent save the date cards? I'm in two minds about when to send invites. I want to send them early so that if we get people decline we can invite evening guests, but if we send them too early I worry that we'll have to chase people up for RSVPs :wacko:

Aly i think any time from 3 months to 6 weeks is fine.

Glad I'm not the only one! Family we're quite close to, I do think that most will turn up. It's friends that I'm worried about, because of the distance, and because some of my closest friends have been a bit AWOL since I got pregnant. I know there are one or two who wouldn't miss it for anything but I worry that many of them may cancel at the last minute. I'm probably being silly though! As for invites I'm sending them out like in a few weeks. VERY early I know, but it's a long way and on a week day and I'm renting rooms so I really need to know ASAP. Plus I really don't know how many can make it, so I need the RSVPs back so I can sort chair hire, food, table plan etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->