Chances of being pregnant?

teddyed12

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Long post sorry :)

My last period was either the 13th/14th August. I used to be on the injection but my last one was due in March which I didn't have. In July I had some bleeding but it didn't seem like a definite first period return, but the period I had this month certainly was a proper period.

First question - because I had this period will I definitely be fertile and ovulating again? As I know it can take a while for people to fall pregnant again after being on the injection?

I had unprotected sex on the 25th and 26th August this weekend just gone, and I am now wondering could I be pregnant. Has my body returned to normal enough to fall pregnant after the injection or not?

My stomach just feels strange to say the least. I can't really describe it but it's the feeling when period pains are coming on, but they haven't quite started hurting enough, that feeling when you know they are coming. I also seem to have no appetite really, very tired (slept until 11.15 today only woken by a phone call!!!) and funny moods. Although I know pregnancy symptoms don't start right away, is it possible my body could already be reacting to a change? During my last pregnancy my body was very affected by pregnancy, I had so so many symptoms and sickness very soon after finding out (I found out just two weeks after). Sickness hit me hard I was bed bound for months so I know my body is sensitive!

Any advice welcomed. I feel like I won't be, but something just feels strange and the wondering is going to drive me loopy!!

If you read all this way then, thankyou! Lol x

It sounds like the earliest you could have gotten pregnant was five days ago, which is *fairly* unlikely in itself because then you'd have ovulated on the 11th or 12 day of your cycle, which is quite early. And if you did, today is pretty much as early as an egg could possibly implant--so even if it had, it won't have had time to start producing pregnancy hormones yet.

You definitely could be pregnant! But I'd assume the symptoms you're seeing are just your body getting back into the swing of things with non-BC cycles. A lot of TWW symptoms can be due to regular cycle hormones, and when we're hoping we might be pregnant, we often pay more attention to them, which makes them seem more significant. I know how tough it is wondering if they mean anything--I was there last month! But as much as you can, I think it's better to try not to think about it until it's testing time.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the response. I have been told that the dates I had unprotected sex would likely lead me to pregnancy because of the sperm still being live in my body for a few days following that?

I have many times convince myself I am pregnant with early symptoms so I do know how easy it is to trick your own mind. I'm just wondering the likely hood and panicking about it! I know there is nothing I can do to find out at this stage but I wondered if my body would even be back in a proper cycle following the injection and then the likelihood following the dates of my last period and intercourse.

Ahh it's all so stressful :) lol x

It's pretty much impossible to know how likely pregnancy is when you're not sure when you ovulated. The average is CD 14, so 1-2 days after the second time you had sex, but you might have ovulated later than that. And for pregnancy to happen, it's definitely better to have sex shortly before O, but all kinds of other factors go into how long the sperm survive etc. Even if everything's perfect, there's only something like a 35% chance of getting pregnant any given cycle!

And if you ovulated on CD 14, that would have been just two or three days ago. Way too early for the egg to have even started to implant and release any pregnancy hormones.

But yeah, it's so frustrating wondering and not be able to find out what's going on with your body! I hate the wait myself. I hope you get the result you're looking for when you're able to test!

Hello Ladies :)

I agree, women can convince themselves that they are pregnant as I have done it myself! However I'm sitting In the same boat! I am 5dpo and I had unprotected sex a day before ovulation! I'm not on anything and he didn't pull out! Do there is a chance! However today i have had period type cramps! And I want to eat salty food! I'm going out my mind as I am not sure if I am convincing myself again or not and I have no patience Haha!

Thank you.

Totally understand how your feeling! You can't help notice every little thing you feel. I find it strange I'm having the slight period cramps when no period should be coming for a couple of weeks. Our bodies work in such strange ways though, iv read so many people who have been in my same situation having unprotected sex a good few days before ovulation and ended up pregnant, then of course there is so many people who don't end up pregnant, so it really is a waiting game, the worst type of waiting game there is!!!

Can't figure out why the hell I don't want to eat when normally it's my absolute favourite thing to do, lol. Next two weeks of torture I guess and no doubt won't even be pregnant! I want to be positive but I don't want to be disappointed.

Fingers crossed for you!!! X

Yes I'm the same! Noticing everything! Or maybe convincing myself! I really hope I'm not though! I agree this is the worst waiting game of all time!! I even get tempted to have my bloods done! But then I want to be the first to know hahaha!

I have my fingers crossed for you too!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->