Chances of mc after 2 scans?

MommaJJ

Reaction score
So I've had two early scans, one at 6+3 and again at 7+6, both times we saw a good hb. Do the chances of mc decrease after seeing these?? I know nothing it 100% and if it's going to happen then nothing will stop it, but I just wanted to know if any of you would feel 'safe' announcing the pregnancy over Xmas (will be 9+2).

Hi Hun, I know what if you have a scan around 8 weeks and see a heartbeat it's like a 95% chance if not more of the pregnancy being ok that's the statistics I've read from several different sources. So at 7+6 you practically are 8 weeks :) x

Wow that's great! Thank you, I was literally hours from being 8 weeks as it was an evening appointment too :)

I remember reading about it when was pregnant with my son it felt like such a milestone! Hope you are bit more reassured now :) x

Yes, definitely. It almost like from weeks 0-12 there is no acknowledgement of any milestones, and it seems like such a long time! So now, it finally feels like I'm getting somewhere if you know what I mean :)

I've read that once they see a heart beat the chances of having a good pregnancy is 90%

I made it public on fb with DS after good ultrasounds at 6+1 and 8+0.

But really, things can go wrong at absolutely any point. I hate waiting for the "safe" time to share... (and yet I'm at 10w and haven't made it public yet...)

I made it public on fb with DS after good ultrasounds at 6+1 and 8+0.

But really, things can go wrong at absolutely any point. I hate waiting for the "safe" time to share... (and yet I'm at 10w and haven't made it public yet...)

I totally agree. With my last pregnancy I had a scan at 7w2d with a good HB and found out at my 9w2d scan that the embryo had died around 7w3d. I would feel more nervous before 10 weeks... but we did tell our parents after the 10 week mark (though I can also find the HB on my home doppler... if I wasn't able to do that then I don't think we would have told anyone yet). I think we'll wait until 13+ weeks until we actually make it more public.

Overall the chances of mc after seeing a HB around 8 weeks are only about 1.5 - 2 % ... so your odds are very good! :)

At my 6 week scan when we heard the heartbeat she told us the chances of miscarriage drops to 5%

That's great you heard a hb! I would personally announce after a good 10 week scan. It happenned to me one pregnancy I had a scan at 6.2 weeks and another at 8 weeks. Perfect baby and hb. Unfortunately the baby passes away 3 days later at 8.3 weeks! Horrible luck and super uncommon but the reality is that there are no guarantees until 12-13 weeks. I'm sure you will be fine though odds are definitely in your favour. Most mc happen even before implantation xx

Problem is, even after 12-13w there are no guarantees. Just take a look at the 2nd tri losses and stillborn threads on here :(

The odds are in your favour. Hang in there. Don't go and look at 2nd tri losses and still births. That will just freak you out. Stay positive. It's true there are no garauntees but the truth is there are NO garauntees for anything in life.
Your chance of miscarriage decreases significantly after a hb is detected on an u/s. So keep that in mind and relax and stay positive!! Hugs mama!! ....and TRUST me...don't go and look at stories of losses. Worst piece of advice ever!!

The odds are in your favour. Hang in there. Don't go and look at 2nd tri losses and still births. That will just freak you out. Stay positive. It's true there are no garauntees but the truth is there are NO garauntees for anything in life.
Your chance of miscarriage decreases significantly after a hb is detected on an u/s. So keep that in mind and relax and stay positive!! Hugs mama!! ....and TRUST me...don't go and look at stories of losses. Worst piece of advice ever!!

Thank you! I know there are no guarantees but right now I feel the pregnancy is going well. :) I will not be looking at losses xx

Just think about this: if you do have a loss, will you be able to cope with the fact that everyone will know & most people might respond awkwardly. Personally, I told only very close relatives (bleeding at 7+ weeks) whose support I would have wanted in case of mc. I made bigger announcement around 14 weeks when I felt more secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->