Chances of shifting a right-sided baby?

L

LilMiss_91

Bubs is always on my right side. He will very occasionally move a bit to the middle or if I lay on my left side for long enough he'll go that side, but as soon as I move he just slides straight back on over to the right. I've heard that the best birthing position is on the left and I'm worried bubs isn't gonna shift as he's favoured the right the entire pregnancy lol. Is there anything I can do to get him to shift over?

I wish I could be more help but I have experienced the same exact thing as you.

My baby favors my right side so much my bump is noticeably lopsided. I was told they tend to that.

There are many reasons this may be. There could be a larger portion of the placenta taking up room on the left side. Also you have organs that are warmer on the right that your baby may enjoy the warmth of.

I really don't know how to change it. Maybe trying some positions that open up your belly more loosen your muscles. Sorry I'm not too much help.

My baby favors my right side so much my bump is noticeably lopsided. I was told they tend to that.

There are many reasons this may be. There could be a larger portion of the placenta taking up room on the left side. Also you have organs that are warmer on the right that your baby may enjoy the warmth of.

I really don't know how to change it. Maybe trying some positions that open up your belly more loosen your muscles. Sorry I'm not too much help.

It's such a pain isn't it! Naughty bubbas.
I did wonder if it could be because of where my placenta is, on my notes say it's "anterior-not low"... not quite sure what that means?

I've tried going on all fours over my exercise ball and he'll swing round to the middle but as soon as I get up and move about he's right back to where he started lol.

I'm not actually lopsided as he actually lays with his back to my side, not towards the front (unless he wants to stick his bum up under my ribs! :haha: ) but that must be worse as he's kind of closer to being back to back most of the time :/

Argh I don't know what to do! I'll ask my midwife when I see her but that won't be for another week :/ I'll try and report back with any helpful info though! :thumbup:

My first was like this, and he didn't shift I'm afraid. Its no big deal though as this LO now is on his side but is free to move so in labour it could all change. Its annoying as they could switch to back to back but I reckon as long as its not breech or transverse I'm not too worried :haha:

my dd was always on the right and i ended up having a back to back labour :( not fun.

My first was a right sided baby, with an anterior placenta (means at the front of the womb) I had no issues during delivery :) this one is the same, always have a lopsided bump!

I did this with my posterior baby at 38 weeks! I started stacking a bunch of pillows so I'm laying at an angle in bed, and I lay on my left side, belly button facing down as much as possible, and slept that way. If I needed to in the middle of the night, I'd flip to my right side, but I'd tuck a pillow or two under my bump to make it uncomfortable for the baby. Also, I would stack pillows under my chest and on my sides and lay on my tummy (the pillows relieved the pressure). He did flip and engaged tightly in the LOA position. So happy! :)

Im glad im not the only cock-eyed bump! Mine is exactly the same, glued to the right side!
I wondered if bubs was used to staying there because throughout early pregnancy (up to about 25) I was SEVERELY constipated and so my bowel was quite bloated and it tends to bloat more on the left side. And now the little sod is just comfey and wont move

I'm glad I'm not alone in having an awkward baby! Also good to hear it doesn't always affect the labour.

I think I'm just going to try and make him as uncomfortable as possible over the next few weeks!

If baby engages on the right side, can they move over to the middle/left during labour if you labour on all fours/leaning forward do you think?

I'm experiencing this as well. I'm not too worried because she must have enough room in there still since she keeps changing positions. I'm going to see a chiro for an adjustment which will help get my body aligned and hopefully make things easier for her to get into position. Also, I've been doing some spinning babies. https://spinningbabies.com/

I tried having a go at the spinningbabies positions but because of my SPD I just can't do it without being in awful pain! Trying to get out of the positions is interesting too lol.

My little guy has also always favored the right side. Just a few days ago I had really bad period pains and he moved even further to the right. I'm so scared that I will have a back to back labor because I really wanted to go as natural as I could. I was also worried that he disengaged completely and would turn so much I would have to have a section. I've tried everything from posture, birthing ball and even paid to go get adjusted and nothing seems to be helping. I pray that when I do go into labor he will fall right into place and it won't have any issues.

My little girl also favors the right side since the beginning. It didn't bother me until the last month or so. I get round ligament pain on the right side only, along with my right hip and back hurting. My Dr isn't worried about it at all, but he did show me how to massage gently on the rite side and she did move for him. I am just too scared to push on my tummy like he did lol even though it didn't hurt at all.

The one thing that I did find that tends to work is shinning a flash light on the right side :) She doesn't like that at all and moves like crazy!!

I must have been sending some serious "please-move-baby"-vibes as I'm 95% sure he's actually shifted sides since I posted this!

On the downside, I do still think he's slightly more back to back than LOA :/ but I can work with that, I just crawl everywhere on all fours for the next few weeks :haha:

Good luck, I hope he locks and loads in the right position for you lilmiss! I am still dealing wi a wiggly baby which makes me so nervous seeing as how I should hopefully pop any day now. I was reading on spinning babies that if baby is at a weird angle your contractions can start and stop trying to get them to engage the right way. So, I've had a couple of times where I thought it was labor, but the contractons only lasted a few hours. It's been really kind of stressful and has made me moody to still be pregnant and worried that he will figure it out in time. Luckily I've hired a doula, so she will be helping me during labor to hopefully get him to come out the right way. Please wish me luck!

Good luck, I hope he locks and loads in the right position for you lilmiss! I am still dealing wi a wiggly baby which makes me so nervous seeing as how I should hopefully pop any day now. I was reading on spinning babies that if baby is at a weird angle your contractions can start and stop trying to get them to engage the right way. So, I've had a couple of times where I thought it was labor, but the contractons only lasted a few hours. It's been really kind of stressful and has made me moody to still be pregnant and worried that he will figure it out in time. Luckily I've hired a doula, so she will be helping me during labor to hopefully get him to come out the right way. Please wish me luck!

Thank you! Just keeping my fingers crossed he sticks to that side now!

Stay positive! I'm sure your bubs will figure it out by the time he needs to come out :) maybe just try some of the techniques to give him a helping hand :).
I know how stressful it can be though :hugs: I had a breech, right-sided baby until about 28wks and I was positive he wouldn't shift, but he has! I will keep everything crossed that your bubs works out the right position and comes out for you soon! Good luck with everything :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->