Chances of viability after detecting a heartbeat at 6 weeks?

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey, everyone!

I had a scan today at 6+4. Baby was measuring 6+1 and had a good heartbeat of 113 BPM.

Anyway, I’ve read that the chances of miscarriage after a heartbeat is detected drop to 4%, but that if you have bleeding, it’s 13%.

I had bright red bleeding one week ago. It lasted for a day and then went away. I just wonder how long this bleed is going to throw me into the “bleeding” category. Does that make sense?

Like, if I have a good heartbeat at 9 weeks, would I still be slightly higher risk because of the bleeding I had at 5 weeks?

Thanks!

First- take a deep breath. I know it's really hard, but try and remain stress free. If you are concerned, perhaps see if your doc will do bloods (to see if hcg is doubling ok) and maybe a progesterone level to see if you need more to sustain the pregnancy. I did have a little bleeding with my dtr (more just spotting, but after my bfp). I was able to hear my sons heartbeat at 6+1 as well since I had a history of Mc at 8 weeks a few months prior. They drew my labs (hcg and progesterone) to keep a close eye. I wish those percentages weren't even out there, because in all reality, all can be perfect and things can still happen. My gut tells me if the bleeding stopped it may have just been snuggling into place real good. Good luck to you, I hope that helps! Happy and healthy nine months!

Thank you so much!

We have struggled with infertility for 3 1/2 years, so this baby is everything to us. It’s so hard not to worry. I go in for another appointment on the 7th, so that will be here before I know it.

Hi Brandi, I so understand the fear of miscarriage after experiencing infertility. I think you got some fantastic news at your scan!

This may not be helpful to you at all, but something I keep saying to myself is "today I am pregnant." Having experienced infertility we both know so well that there is very little in all of this that we can control. So ultimately there is no point in worrying ourselves sick day to day. That's what I tell myself at least. Today you are pregnant and that is wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->