Change in cold tolerance post baby??

Sherileigh

Reaction score
Just wondering if it's just me...I live in canada...in Winnipeg which is ridiculously cold in the winter. Within the last week, winter has officially arrived. It's been around -20 to -30 sometimes colder with windchill. Everyone around me is complaining constantly about how cold it is....and I'm just really not feeling it as much as usual. Usually I'm a big wimp!! Just wondering if it's a hormonal thing...BF'ing thing? Or I'm just not such a wimp anymore? Just curious...oh and I'm only about 5lbs more than prepregnancy...so i don't think it's that. :shrug:

Could be a thyroid inbalance - it's common after birth. One makes you feel hot and the other cold, can't remember which way round it is though!

I've been wondering this as well - I used to be a really cold person, now I can walk to the shops, when my OH says it is cold out, with just a cardigan on. It's very odd. Other people are all wrapped up and I - am not. I did wonder if it was a thyroid thing. Am also carrying about 20lb extra weight but I've been this big before (years ago) and never felt especally warm with it.

I'm never cold anymore either, I just assumed it was a hormone thing, though it could be the extra weight I'm lugging around!

I'm the opposite! I'm freezing all the time! I've never been a particularly warm person apart from when i was pregnant but now i just never seem to feel warm =( xx

I get really hot to ... my Dh will be freezing and Im cooking!
I thought it was just hormones... I got back to pre preg weight pretty fast so I know its not that

I mentioned the fact I was blowing hot and cold to my OH's sister and she said it was hormonal. I feel the cold more than I ever did and when I drink a cup of tea in a warm room I start sweating, it is horrible.
It's the same as your hair falling out after you give birth. Your body is going through massive changes to return back to normal, it does take time. They say your body can take up to 2 years to recover from childbirth.

I'm the same, I overheat terribly, even though my skin feels cold to OH. I never have the heating on and have to have the windows open overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->