Change in menstrual flow when trying to conceive?

Mika80

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, DH and I started TTC for baby #2 for a few months now ... For some reason even though the first time it took us forever I was hoping to have become super fertile in the meantime. Oh well, not the case. Anyway, for some reason I am experiencing some changes in my cycle.
Baby #1 is now 19 months, we have been trying since March but to be honest i didnt track my ovulation till last month (for same reason, thought I became super fertile). Anyway, this past month I had a weird cycle, 2 days heavy, then stopped for 12/24 hours then very light (pantyliner light).
Now, I removed a fibroid before being able to successfully conceive, before that I always had long, painful periods for as long as I can remember. Before the removal I had super heavy, clotted, painful periods for 10 days. Ridiculous.
After the fibroid removal my periods were 4 days, pain free, not heavy, awesome!
After baby my periods were about 5/6 days, no pain.
This past month was the weirdest:
2 days heavy, then nothing for 12/24 hours, then it came back light and slowly faded away but the last day I was still having a little red drop was day 8.
I just went for a pap and internal sono a few months ago and midwife said everything was ok, she even checked for fibroid, she didnt seem to see any insude (thnk Gd!)
Should I go back to dr or wait and see if it happens again next month?
I also have to say that taking so long is stressing me out also b/c DH already suggested seeing a RE again! That put so much pressure on me PLUS, last month I had a terrible sinus infection for 2+ weeks (didnt take antibiotics, acupuncture and homeopathy helped a lot).
So maybe everything added was the cause of this odd cycle?
Also, I was 4 days late ... Maybe i did get pregnant but it missed implantation and thats why it was messed up?
I dont know ... I really dont want to go back to the dr :(
Sorry for long post.

My AFs have changed to 2 days medium and a few days spotting. I don't think it's anything to worry about and I have read that your AF can change as you get older. I've had it like that for 2 cycles now and I'm going to wait until I've been trying for a year to check things out with my dr.

Also you're right, stress and illness can affect your cycle. I also expected to have no problems as I didn't have any with my first. It's dissapointing when it doesn't go as expected. I'm trying a few things to help me de stress as I was getting worked up as well. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->