• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Changing Banks - Transfering Balance

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Has anyone changed banks - transferred balances etc?

I'm with HSBC & I don't want to be much longer but I don't want to loose my available OD balance or CC balances.

Is it easy to sort out?

I have a CC with my bank & today noticed I'd been charged £25 for interest which is fine ... AND £10 for cash interest (charged at 2.075% or something) WTF quite worried I rang the bank because I only ONCE took cash out of my CC once when I first got it which happens to be August 2006 & it was £30. The guy insisted it was right (from what I could understand :roll: -) & one thing he said was interest on the 'balance' I was like yes I have been charged £25 for that - I asked had I totally missed me being charged for CASH for 7 months he said yes so if I add that up I took £30 out an I've paid back £70 on that alone! Asked to be put through to someone who knew what they were talking about an the guy I got put through to sat their replying "uh huh uh huh" I flaming told him how rude he was an carried on with what I had to say.

NO WAY - NO WAY is that right.

Not sure where I'm going with this next bar I now want to move banks & take my money with me LOL

Hummm i belive you can change but i wouldn't recommend LTSB ... arseholes!

Have you looked at you switch.com??

I would as that what we did when we transferd out CC balance ... What aresholes to do that, and damned cheeky!

Best look at the best rate about @ the mo and TBH i reckon it might be halifax!

Good luck but deffo recommend u switch!
xxx

Yup Im with the Halifax (love them) and OH has just moved from woolwich to the Halifax too. They automatically gave him a great big overdraft option etc. Plus they do a switching service free of charge where they sort out moving all your standing orders and DDs to them, so you dont have to do it. If you go into them to apply they will tell you how much they are willing to give you. They charge me for nothing at all and Ihave never had any probs.

Also if you open an account and arrange for your wages to be paid into that account each month, they will give you £100 for opening the account.

Yer my OH is with Halifax I think I'm going to swap when I move.

dont go with clydesdale there shit too lol

We have now changed from hsbc and gone to the royal bank of scotland because we have loans etc taken out we are now paying of 1 amount only each month for all of them and inc in the price of this new loan we get a finance person with them who sorts out all our incoming and outgoings each month which will be a hell of alot easier and whats left from all that will be put into an account which runs alongside that so whatever will be in that is what we have to spend each month!!! and by us going with them we are now going to be saving over 600 a month!!!! :happydance:

Hey thats good you got to sort that out. Well done :D

HSBC are a joke!!

Between them & Powergen ... Fedup of being screwed over by big companies!

I HATE hsbc with a passion, they are arseholes!

Im with Natwast, happy with them. Halifax are meant to be good for transfers

x

Have you banked with HSBC before then Layla? Have to say I've had no problem until now but it's not a problem that I am ok with I know I'm gonna have to go out of MY way to get this sorted.

Jase has longer than me, the bank side of things was ok, but we have a credit card and a loan with them and they were being complelet *******s about the fact we were having trouble, all our other creditors were happy to accep lower payments, but HSBC were really horrible about it.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"