Changing EDD?

Its normal to go by your dating scan, thats what its for to give you a EDD its called Estimate for a reson tho no one can say when the babys going to come its due anyware between 37 and 42 weeks! a few days isnt going to make a diffrence the midwife will always go by your dating scan so when you go in to labour or have appoinments they will base your gestation upon that, If its mesusering overly big at your 20 weeks scan they will just keep an eye on you and make sure it settles down or doesnt get too big, Iv had 3 scans so far my first one was at 6 weeks and i was given a edd of 24th but told that would probably change at my dating scan, when i went for my dating scan i was given an edd of 20th which is the date on my ticker and the date the mw will go by, then i had a gender scan at 16 weeks privatly and they gave me an EDD of the 18th so he was mesuring bigger every time i went, Have too see how much bigger hes looking today at my 20 weeks scan because if its too much bigger they'll have to keep an eye on me because my son was pretty big at birth!

They don't change anything unless there is more than a week difference. I found this out the hard way! I'm still not a happy bunny about it.

With my first pregnancy because i didnt have a 12wk scan, they went off 20wk scan of 27th dec.
Mw worked it out at 30th. I actually started labour on 30th. I always went off my nhs scan, after all there looking at size of the baby.

This time gone off what scan said at dating scan, 4th.
Like youve said it really dont make any real differance.

I was given 1st Jan from the date of my last period.

Then when I went for my dating scan I was given an EDD of 7th Jan. This sounds more like it to me....fits in with my dates better than the 1st Jan.

The midwife told me that because the second date was within 7 days of the first date they'd stick to the 1st Jan, and this is the date that they have written down in my maternity notes as my EDD. So my official date is 1st Jan - but I am expecting it to be more like the 7th!

I wasn't given another date at my anomaly scan...I was just told that the baby was right on track :)

I hope that makes sense!

xx

Just too let you know, i went for my scan, mesuring 5 days over there keeping my due date the same tho just putting it down to well growing baby x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->