Changing Hospital?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Ok so after reading Lulubee's thread about hospitals .... my gut is telling me to change and go to the hospital where i was born (25 miles away) ... the only reason i chose the hospital im at now is because it was closer (15 miles)

I dont really know what to do? Can i change? How do i go about it?

I'm just comfortable with the other one, ive been there lots before, i was born there and pretty much everyone i know was born there. I've just looked online and the facilites look alot nice too whereas the closer one is not quite as well "Equipped"

Eeeeek HELP!! :hissy::hissy:

Go and have a proper look around before you make any decisions. From a patients point of view! Then contact your midwife and she will tell you how to change. Good luck!!

Lol just turn up to the hospital of your choice in established labour. They can't turn you away :hugs:

ask your MW to take you on a tour of the maternity unit it may help you make your decision!!

I'd have a peek and then go with your gut. My hospital is about 15 miles away and has good ratings but I'd go further away if I was more happy!

whats the hospital called anyway? i dont think that it matters where you go, if you turn up in labour they wont/cant send you away..its up to you where you decide to have your baby good luck xx

Hey honey, if your concerned then maybe go and look around the other one, and see what you think, if you then want to change, then presume you contact your MW and discuss it there.

Which hospital is it your considering moving to
I'm in Herts too
C x

Which hospital is it your considering moving to
I'm in Herts too
C x

Im booked in with Lister in Stevenage but i want to go to Bedford. I just dont get that whole "comfy" vibe with Lister iykwim?

It depends what you feel most comfortable with hun. Although if your labour is anything like mine was I would advise going to the closest one. I went through most of my labour at home because the hospital sent me back and I went into labour pretty quickly after that. The drive to the hospital was complete agony and it's only 10 minutes up the road!

It depends what you feel most comfortable with hun. Although if your labour is anything like mine was I would advise going to the closest one. I went through most of my labour at home because the hospital sent me back and I went into labour pretty quickly after that. The drive to the hospital was complete agony and it's only 10 minutes up the road!

My mum and her fella live all of 5 mins from the hospital so if i get sent back and forth i can just go there. I dont know if thats another reason i want to change, so its closer to my mum (big baby i am lol) :rofl:

You have to go with what you feel is best for you. Better to change now than regret it after.

i'd go have a look round, at the end of the day its your choice where you give birth! i'm lucky cos my local hospital's one of the top maternity hospitals in the country and its a max of 10 mins away and is close to my mummy lol!! hope you get somethin sorted xx

I know a lady who's due on the 13th of november and she's hoping to go into early labour as she's in Norfolk next week and would like the baby down there :lol: tbh if you are in established labour they cannot turn you away just make sure you have all of your notes on you so they can know where your at.

If you really want to do a tour of the facilities too before hand just book an appointment and see what they say.

Thanks girls, ive just spoken to my mw who is actually assigned to the hospital i want to go to, so ive got to pop in and see her on Friday morning and we're going to discuss it.

Im just starting to get that unsettled feeling now the time is getting closer you know?

deffo get a proper look around nd get the feel for the other hosp x x

Hope u get to go where u want hun! I dont have a choice has to be treliske and im not keen on it so now what u mean!

tbh i didnt even realise you were allowed until i read Lulubee's thread .. i just thought i was doomed and id made my decision and it couldnt be changed

I booked into my new hospital on the Thursday & had Maya the Monday!!

I don't know whether to say I'm glad my thread helped you, or sorry it's worried you! But I'd advise going and looking around both maternity wards and delivery suites. I had to have cervical stitiches put in and so spent a couple of days on the delivery suite and postnatal ward of my local hospital - obviously I don't recommend that! But I found that getting to spend a bit of time looking at the rooms, the facilities and chatting ot the staff has made me feel much more comfortable about where I'm having Pip.
Have a good look round both units and then go with your gut instinct, wherever you feel most comfortable :hugs:

Hey PP, how weird, i ave just moved so had to change hospital. I ad to spaek to my GP for a referral and then they contact you!!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"