Changing pace

Sharp

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

This is really hard to express but it is in no way a complaint about the miracle of pregnancy and my much longed for LO!

Basically I'm finding it really hard to change pace. I accept that I need to but I'm only 29 + 2, gave up weekly horse riding 2 weeks ago (only cos DH expressed his concern) and I'm only managing the gym about twice a week. I work full time in quite a pressurised but desk based job. I have an hour's commute each way but at this stage in pregnancy I did not expect to be slowing up so much. My personality is such that I believe in pushing through and mind over matter etc but obviously that's not always applicable in pregnancy.

Sorry I'm probably coming across as a whining weirdo here :wacko: but I'm curious as to how other ladies are doing. I've not really stopped doing anything I want to as such but things do take longer and last night I fell asleep on the sofa at 6.30pm for half an hour which just isn't me! Please tell me that this won't necessarily just get worse over the next 10 or so weeks!!! I do plan to be kind but positive to my body and maybe aim for an extra 30 minutes or hour's sleep a night to see if that helps...

Being honest, I've found that I have become RIDICULOUSLY slow and unable to do anything much at all in these last couple of weeks. If you have the energy and the motivation to keep going, I would HIGHLY suggest you make the most of it and continue to be active. If you are tired, rest. But I don't think there's any need to become a couch potato for the sake of it. ;)

I would LOVE to have kept up an active life, but my OH kept telling me to rest and relax and made it so easy for me to just veg out, and now I literally can't even get off the couch by myself without it taking 4 times as long as normal.

Listen to your body, as it'll tell you what it needs. :)

Hey!

I know where you are coming from, before I got pregnant, I was a very busy bee indeed, gym almost every day, plus lots of social engagements at weekends and during the week also. I have had to accept the fact that I just can't do it all anymore.

I stopped going to the gym 2 weeks ago, I am not absolutely shattered after coming home after work and all I want to do is rest up on the sofa on front of the tv!

Also I have had to cancel lots of social things too as I am too tired to enjoy going out late.

I still try and manage a walk in my lunch break, just to get some air and stretch my legs, but even that has made me feel really tired this week!

Just listen to your body, don't push yourself as you won't be able to do as much as you were able to and yes, you will start to get more tired as the pregnancy progresses. BUT it won't last forever and once your LO is born you can start to pick up the pace again. Just tell yourself that the change in pace won't last forever and try and enjoy the rest while you can, as once LO is born you won't have time to put your feet up!

x

Glad I made some sense to some people! Thanks for your comments.

Guess it's really all about balance and I need to listen to when my body needs a rest and when it could do with some exercise. Not healthy to berate myself though as the female body is nothing short of amazing being this fantastic incubator and home to LOs isn't it?!

I would say do as much as you can while you can, I have always found from about 34 weeks I needed to slow down and found things harder to do.
Its now 14 yrs since I last was pregnant and am finding it very tiring and previously to getting pregnant would exercise for several hours a day and had loads of energy.
These last couple of weeks that has not been the case just going to do a bit of food shopping tires me out, I am awaiting results from an anemia test and hope its just that, as otherwise will have to take it that its my age and this pregnancy is very tiring this time round:(
Enjoy yr energy whilst you have it xx

I was still doing everything as before gym 3 times a week, swim twice a week and wondering what people moan about to be honest.... Till i hit 31 weeks. at 31 weeks i litteraly hit a wall, I am still swimming twice a week, if only to take the pressure off my back but i could go home and sleep quite easily!!

I've tried not to have snoozes though, but come 11pm i am more than ready for my bed!

ive slowed down lots. i cant even go for a decent walk with DH of a weekend has my bump gets so heavy,my pelvis aches and my hip/side of leg goes numb in the end. I used to do all the house work in one go, but cant anymore and have to sit down after doing a bit in each room.

Hi there, like you I was very active before this pregnancy, since I have a toddler, 2 dogs, a cat and a horse, going to college full time, working 60 plus hours a weeks, with a 40 minute drive to and from work. I was cleaning horse pastures and walking dogs right up until about 30 weeks and then it just felt like I hit a wall and I could not do it any longer. I was constantly pulling muscles in my stomach and it just made the normal pregnancy pains harder to deal with. I did stop riding as soon as I found out I was pregnant because I was to paranoid. ( that is something I miss very much, can't wait to start up again) I personally think that you should do as much as you can for as long as you can. listen to your body it will tell you when it’s had enough. I am currently 38 +3 and I am still at work and still do ground work with the horse when felling up to it. Just do things in moderation.

hi hun the other ladies are right listen to your body only you know what is to much!

i am kinda liek you also i was very very active metabolism was sky high energy level had eneough for 5 people! i co own a dog rescue so i always had to be moving walking dogs taking them to appointments etc. on top of my 5 dogs who i walk 4-5 times day for 20 -30 mins each!

well we have had 4 snow storms in 2 weeks and another one today coming and i have to walk in the snow and it is dreadful! 5 dogs me in snow i feel like my heart is gonna sink i get out of breath i dont think i would with out the snow but it is a pain i think the extra weight kills me to i was very tiny before tall and thin 5'6 115 long legs lol i have gained 25 pds im 140 now i never weighed this much in my life! so my body gets tired faster but other then that i feel great just listen to your body hun rest when needed!

Wow Bella blue, you really do put me to shame! Not sure how you manage it but glad to hear you feel great most of the time.

My 'good news' update is that this evening I feel more like myself and went to the gym and it didn't kill me....even if there were 2 stupid guys talking about me - ha, like I care! I do get some odd looks but then again I suppose it does look kind of odd when I'm using the machines with this football shape under my t shirt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->