Changing providers after first prenatal appointment

Hammie

Reaction score
For those of you in the US: has anyone changed healthcare providers early on in a pregnancy? Was it a big pain to transfer medical info? I just had my first prenatal appointment (8 wks) and did not like the o.b. that I saw, and also found out that doctors in that network don't deliver at the hospital I want to go to.

I want to change to another network of clinics. So far it'd mean transferring ultrasounds, blood work and I guess all of the questionnaire info that I submitted to this other clinic.

I have a feeling that this is frowned upon... Anyone been there, done that?

They probably won't ask for your reason for switching but if they do I would only tell them you are switching because you want to deliver at a specific hospital. They can't frown upon that. It shouldn't be awkward at all. People change healthcare providers all the time. They will just fax all your info to your new dr. It is just a matter of signing a paper saying you want your records released to the new dr.

I completely changed insurance and providers halfway through my pregnancy (also wanted to deliver at a different hospital), and it was easy. They didn't ask any questions, just had me fill out a release form so they could get the records from the previous practice. I think they did re-run some tests like blood work, but that was it.

The only comment the new OB made when he first saw me was "Wow, you're really pregnant! Not just a little pregnant, but pregnant pregnant!". :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->