Changing Stations - Worth it or not ?

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a changing station as they have a mamas and papas one on offer in argos at moment and i figure it is something i would use a lot however quite a few people have told me not to bother as i will never use it.

The thing is everyone that has said not to get one has never had one themselves so Id really appreciate if people that have got/had one could let me know if they think that is worth getting and which one they have ?

Just to add we haven't bought a changing mat or bath yet so the money saved for that would be factored into buying the changing station, which I think includes both of those things.

we have a changing unit, where you pop the changing mat on top and tbh i couldn't have lived with out it! i love it! we also brought a separate bath and when she was new born i wished we'd gone for one of them changing station, i would say its such a good offer, then i would certainly say go for it x

i ALWAYS use mine... but I live in a flat so i dont need to go up the stairs to use it...

I know ppl who live in houses just use a changing mat on the floor to change nappies..!!

But they are handy once you get Lo out of the bath too :)

My house is small and I can't be bothered to take Ally upstairs just to change his bum so I never bought one and I don't think I would have used it. Also, Alasdair now stands up for me to change his bum (we use pull ups) so it would have had to go now anyway.

Sorry, can't answer your question in any way at all. But I just wanted to ask why anybody buys a special bit of kit to put your baby on to change him/her. Seriously, I just don't *get* why people don't just change their babies on a towel on the floor. Think how much money and space you'd save then!

Only my opinion, but then I seem to be doing everything differently from most people on here, so probably just me!

xx

I have one and I used it lots when she was younger and was very handy when changing her in the night before she started sleeping through.
I still use it in the morning and changing her for bed but nappy changes in the day I tend to do downstairs now. xx

well they'll end up weeing and pooing all over a towel and you'll get sick of washing it! having said that, I only bothered to buy a changing mat. That's the only bit of 'special bit of kit' I have! ;)

Sorry, can't answer your question in any way at all. But I just wanted to ask why anybody buys a special bit of kit to put your baby on to change him/her. Seriously, I just don't *get* why people don't just change their babies on a towel on the floor. Think how much money and space you'd save then!

Only my opinion, but then I seem to be doing everything differently from most people on here, so probably just me!

xx

The reason I want one is i don't want to bend over on floor all the time as i have problems with my back due to my job and we have laminate flooring so would have to be using a cushion all the time.

Also one of the other reasons I want one is actually to save space ! Im thinking that all the babys toiletries, bath, changing equipment etc will all go in one place rather than scattered about everywhere, I know they are quite bulky but from the ones I have seen in the shops they look really handy for storing everything.

Moneywise well lets say you were going to buy a bath, changing mat and box to put babys stuff in thats say what £30 ? the changing station we are looking at is £50 so £20 more for something that is going to be a dream for my back :)

Thanks for everyones opinions, think I will get it even if its only used for the first few months I can always ebay it after :hug:

i have one and love it wont be without it!! makes a handy storage area to as LO gets older x

We have a changing station in Harry's room - it's brilliant... not just for changing him, but his room is quite small and there's shelves underneath where I keep nappies, cotton wool, towels, bath stuff etc etc. He also loves lying on it with no nappy on at the moment, kicking and looking out of the window! It's at a great height too - no bending over.

We have also got a changing mat which we put on the table downstairs when we need to.

We had one and I didn't intend on using it but I ended up with a c-section so it was a god send. We kept it in the living room.

weve got a changing unit that has drawers underneath. i wouldnt have been without it. i always change both babies on it saves me bending. have all the chnging stuff tidy in top drawer and clothes etc in rest. i dont see it as a waste of money or space.

mine is fixed on the top on my drawers so is very good and when i dont need it anymore it unscrews of the top.

i use mine all the time. when she was newborn i used mat on my floor, she had projectile poo which stained my carpet, and had to hire a carpet cleaner so i always use it now

Lou
xxx

I had a c-section and my mum went out a bought me a cheaper plastic one - that came with a tiny baby bath. It was a godsend, I couldn't have changed nappies in the beginning without it, I couoldn't bend forwards enough!

Even now, its great, no strain on your lower back - I'm 21, but after being pregnant and now carrying my 8.5 kilo 4 month old son (omg big boy!) My lower back aches easily!

I highly recommend getting one... but it is something you can do without.

I have a mamas and papas one and its great. It has the bath up high so you don;t do your back in bending over, and the change mat goes ontop whilst the bath isnt in use. It;s fab, Id reccommend.

I got a changing table from Ikea for £15, it had no baby bath and a bought a cheap mat from mothercare, I use it every time I use Lily's nappy, I always have! Couldn't live without it, I get such a sore back when I bend down and do it! And ours is in her bedroom upstairs and we still use it every time. There is also a big shelf where I keep all the nappy's, wipes, lotions and so on. One of my best buys!

TBH, 3 kids and never used one. With my last pregnancy, I did get one given to me but it's used for shelving. LOL

I have one and i dont think i've ever used it :lol: i just change her on the mat on the floor

I don't have one. I change her on the floor on a changing mat

We just use the top of her chest of drawers as her changing station. It's about the same size and I put the changing mat on top. Works perfect. Although now that she's a little wiggly worm, I usually end up changing her on the mat on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->