Changing Stations - Worth it or not ?

Had one for all my 4. Only had it as it was free with cot we bought. But was the best thing. No sttooping or bending over. Had sections so found it less of a strain. Also had a lot of storage with it, so kept everything together.

We've always just used a changing mat (about £4) on the floor or bed, which is good now Elliot's rolling around etc i'd be scared of him rolling off a station thingy.

Although peole with back problems wouldn't want to get down on the floor.

I think they can be expensive really-i also didn't have the room for one!

keely.

Sorry, can't answer your question in any way at all. But I just wanted to ask why anybody buys a special bit of kit to put your baby on to change him/her. Seriously, I just don't *get* why people don't just change their babies on a towel on the floor. Think how much money and space you'd save then!

Only my opinion, but then I seem to be doing everything differently from most people on here, so probably just me!

xx

...beacuse mine has drawers and shelfs so can store everything I need including her bathtime stuff and towels.

My changing station was £99, so didn't break the bank and it's great.

I never use a changing station; don't have one either. I have 3 changing mats; just the type that fold up and cost about $10. One for the diaper bag, one for her crib, one for her playpen.

I ALWAYS change her in the playpen (I have it set up with the bassinet setting right now) or her crib.. that way if I need to walk away because I forgot cream or need a warm washcloth or more wipes I can no problem.. and it works well for me. Having the c-section I've been able to lean on the playpen or crib when I need to due to pain or weakness also.

Downstairs at the playpen, I usually have the diaper bag down there stocked up so my stuff is right there,
Upstairs in our room, I have a drawer in her dresser devoted to changing stuff.

Sorry, can't answer your question in any way at all. But I just wanted to ask why anybody buys a special bit of kit to put your baby on to change him/her. Seriously, I just don't *get* why people don't just change their babies on a towel on the floor. Think how much money and space you'd save then!

Only my opinion, but then I seem to be doing everything differently from most people on here, so probably just me!

xx

...beacuse mine has drawers and shelfs so can store everything I need including her bathtime stuff and towels.

My changing station was £99, so didn't break the bank and it's great.

I agree, we couldnt do without the space that the cupboards beneath it and drawers give us!!

PLus when she as really little my body was so hugely swollen and large I wouldnt have been able to get on the floor!!

We don't have a changing station but I wouldn't use a towel on the floor, especially in the early days when she generally peed every single time we changed her diaper :lol: We used a change mat and changed her in her crib until we lowered it last month, now we change her on the living room floor (with a change mat ;))

we dont have one, we have a changing top that goes on top of the cot- I wish we'd got a changing station now

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

I have an ikea snigular one as before Lochlan was born as I didn't want to spend too much on something that might not be used a lot. I was proved wrong as it was very handy post c-section and has definately had a lot of use.

I have one and use it all the time. Storage is handy as others have said and couldn't have done without it as I ended up having a c section so it was much easier than bending down!

I have one, and use it every day! It was such a great purchase... plus it has the two large storage areas underneath where we put all his diapers and extra wipe refills and such. We also bought a curved changing pad in place of the flat one that came with it, and that thing is wonderful, too! It makes changing a lot easier and faster, IMO.

I have permanent bruises on my knees from kneeling on the floor to change her!

I was going to buy 1 but to save money just bought a changing mat to put on the floor.
This time going to buy 1 of those put across top of the cot.

I was going to buy 1 but to save money just bought a changing mat to put on the floor.
This time going to buy 1 of those put across top of the cot.

thats what we have, was great when she was younger but its a pain in the arse no she sleeps in the cot, always trying to find it!

I have a co-sleeper bassinet and I'm planning on chucking a changing mat in there to change him/her.

Saying that I am buying a chest of drawers from Argos as we need one anyway to store all the baby's stuff, and it does have an option of having a changing station on top. If I feel I'm missing out I can always buy it and add on.

Wow thanks for all the replies :)

We went and bought it today from argos and best of all didn't cost us a penny !!!

Turned out we had a £10 giftcard and enough nectar points to pay for it outright :happydance: :happydance:

Haven't set it up yet but can't wait to get it all ready.

thats awesome, hun! I'm not going to buy one, as I don't need to because my dad had built a storage unit place in the back part of my room that is perfect for a changing station and storing all the nick nacks :D I would've bought one if it hadn't been for this, but thank god he built it! :hugs:

i use mine every single day. Its so useful! It saves me bending down when im all groggy during the night, there is a handy drawer with all her talcs and johnsons lotions in it so they are easy to access, it is the perfect height for me to change her.
Some people just get on the floor and do it or whatever, but with my back I can't be doing all that. My changing unit is a godsend
xxxx

I have a changing unit and I used it ALOT... only recently she started wriggling quite a bit so it's becoming more and more harder and I just end up changing her on the changing mat on the bed or something.

It's also fantastic for storing some of her things, shampoos, bibs, powder, cream etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->