Charity Shops

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I've never ever wanted to step foot in a charity shop. I'm not snobby or anything, I guess it's just when I was at school people would laugh at charity shop customers & that has kinda stuck with me

But today I actually went into The British Heart Foundation & can honestly say I will go again

The amount of baby clothes in there which have never been worn & still with shop tags on was unreal. The lady behind the counter was saying so many people get bought clothes as gifts for their children which are the wrong size & they just bring them to a charity shop

I got Maya a never been worn, light pink sparkly dress with a pair of matching knickers to go over her nappy for £2 today! Bargain!

Seriously impressed :D

Bargain!

Iv never been in one either like u said the whole school thing kind of sticks with you x

I LOVE charity shops....:blush: I could easily go buy heaps of clothes for hundreds of £'s but im scottish and love a bargain :rofl: I went in this lil one and found a £250 designer dress in new condition for a fiver!!! Like i wasnt going to buy it :)

But i must admit i know what you mean about that "label" people in school etc give them and people that shop there even now i get "why do you want to go in there??" etc but i never was one to pay attention to the crowd. XxxX

nicole drags me into one near us everytime we pass and i know what u mean about running in with your head down!!!

Now ive been in one, i'm not embarrassed at all!

I don't know why I was in the first place! Like I care what a 16 year old me thinks :rofl;

oooooohhhh i love them too...... but then i like 'vintage' and there's a lot of that!!! xx

I have always loved charity shops for great vintage stuff. Several friends told me to buy used as much as possible when it come to baby, and now I see why. Bren goes through clothes so quickly there is not much point in buying new full priced stuff unless it is totally adorable.

Hmm might have to venture, my computer desk is second hand, we bought it from a british heart foundation shop for £ 15 , there wasn't a mark on it!! Been in and bought books but never really looked at clothes x

Hmm might have to venture, my computer desk is second hand, we bought it from a british heart foundation shop for £ 15 , there wasn't a mark on it!! Been in and bought books but never really looked at clothes x

Seriously for the kiddos id totally recommend it

They had a real cute fairy dressing up outfit with shop label on for only £2. Really wanted it but it was for age 2-3 years :dohh:

:rofl: I have only been in there for books and I must have looked like a right dickhead running in there with my jacket over my head.

I like to go in and have a nose about too although I usually end up buying books mainly.

But am sure once the baby is here I will be buying stuff from them for baby.

But yeah I know the label hat is given by kids when your at school....just suppose we all grow up hey and realise you dont have to spend loads of money on stuf to be happy etc etc

Emma.xx

the ones near me are meant to be dead good (i've only popped in like once or twice). i live not far from the rich and famous (i.e man united players, corrie lot and all that). they all wear dresses once and pop them down to charity. think the beckhams used to!

the ones near me are meant to be dead good (i've only popped in like once or twice). i live not far from the rich and famous (i.e man united players, corrie lot and all that). they all wear dresses once and pop them down to charity. think the beckhams used to!

You mean Alderly Edge and Wilmslow my OH used to live there, apparently there brill, get some rite bargains x

I was the kid at school kitted out in the charity shop gear- my choice I have to add, I went to one every lunchtime!! I'm still addicted!

wow what a bargain :D
ive never been in one really except with my nan!!

You mean Alderly Edge and Wilmslow my OH used to live there, apparently there brill, get some rite bargains x

lol yea!! where bouts did he live??

I love going into charity shops, you always find the oddest things, which appeals to me as I am rather odd myself. Most of our clothes come from charity shops, and they are always in brilliant condition. They also make my wallet happy, being on the inexpensive side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->