Charitys that go door to door.

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by lozzy21, Apr 21, 2009.

1. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Dont they just do your head in!

I got a nock at the door 10mins ago and its a woman from the red cross and she dose her usual paatter and then askes if this is my house, say it is and then she say's "can i ask how old you are, you look a little young!" so i tell her im 21 and she askes if there is anyone over 25 she can speek to!
    I tell her no theres not and even if they were she isent speeking to them and shut the door

Cheeky bloody cow, First of all she nocked on my door at 8.30, Secondly she nocked on my door at 8.30 when im ill and made me get of the sofa and thirdly she said i was a kid! Is my money not as good as everyone else's-not that she would get it anyway.

Sorry rant over.

2. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

3. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

BUT I just remembered a similar experience, LOL.

Recently we arranged to have the cable guy come in and they called ahead of time (to make sure someone 18+ was home) and I answered.. they asked if my mom or dad was home :rofl:

Gave the phone to my mommy to speak to the adult caller lol because I'm a little girl I guess haha and she asked if someone over the age of 18 would be home and she told her she already spoke to me :)

4. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

how odd! i thought 18was that infamous you must be age!!

some of the door to door callers are so rude and pushy. when mr.man lived on his own i was in and answered door and said i could give a 1 off donation, but not sign up for an every month type plan and honest to god she looked at me like i was shit! all because i'd wanted to give her money :|

xXx

5. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

I had the WWF charity come knocking on my door and asked if i was 21 i said no they said is there anyone over 21 here i said no so he said so they left you hear all alone i said no only me and my partner live here and he turns 21 next year :rofl:

6. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

I feel kinda bad when I turn them away but I just tell them I give to a Marie Curie already and can't afford anymore. Can't believe she said that tho Lozzy! I've been asked if my mummy was in when I opened my door! :grr:

7. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Its bloody stupid. The bit that got me was that she added cos i look a bit young! I dident look young at 2pm to go buy fags for my aunt or yesterday when i got a bottle of vodka.

8. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

I see what you mean hun, I know why they do it as they are trying to raise money for a good cause but its a little unfair knocking on doors so late. I worry for people living on their own or people like me nan who get up and answer the door and feel like they are under pressure. What doesnt help its the few idiots that go round pretending to be from a charity who end up hurting and robbing the persons house!!!!!

9. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

I dont get this, but something similar happened to me....bloody Jehovas Witnesses came to my door a couple of weeks ago my daughter answered, and they started preaching their nonsense at my 8 year old daughter :shock:
    after the gobful i gave them i dont think they will be bothering us again :grr:

10. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I had the RSPCA knock my door about 8 o clock i wasnt expecting anyone so i peeked through my lounge window to see who was knocking and there was 3 of them standing on my doorstep waving at me! my OH was playing his xbox and all they was intrested in was trying to get in for a game! cheeky so and so's! xx

11. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

This really gets on my nerves. We have on our door - (or should I say on the window at the side of it) NO COLD CALLERS, etc. And they STILL knock on the door pestering!

I don't even answer the door anymore. I know it's ignorant but I haven't got any spare money for them. They're just as rude, they walk off in a strop when you say no i'm not interested. Grrr!

Same with phone calls, we get loads of callers ringing up about children in poor countries, wanting so much per month. Hello!!?? I am a single parent, I have a baby to look after myself. Can I really afford to pay money towards other people - erm no! They always end up putting the phone down on me.

Or it's can you spare 5 minutes of your time to answer a few questions? I say no sorry. They hold me and start asking me the questions! Omg, I get so annoyed! lol. I just say sorry I gotta go. Lol.

Lol, sorry I got carried away. I just hate them!

12. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

Ooo this does my bonce in! they come here at least one a week and its always at like 8.30pm!!!! my evenings are always soo busy with OH working away so im on my own, I just go the door and say I'm busy and close the door!!! thing is most the time I am bathing Rosie so when I hear a knock on the door at half 8 at night i think it must be someone important so i get her out bath to answer the door and its them!! grrrrrrrrrr the bloody cheek! hit a nerve there lol

13. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

i lurve these type of callers..... i also have the bright yellow sticker that states no appt? dont bother knocking.... its conveniently stuck under the knocker they use to bother me with..well they cant say they havent been warned....
    kyra n blade know to sit on the stairs and mark mummy /10 on how well i get rid of em. i get extra points for making the caller cry and if they fall over the metal posts along my decking path on retreat.....
    im easily amused arent i?

14. Kirstin

Kirstin Well-Known Member

I hate the ones on the street, if I want to give money to a charity I'll do it because I support the cause not because they harrass me, if they harrass me they wont get a penny :hissy: