Chart and fertility friend help

Ajangel25

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first month charting and I'm a little confused why FF hasn't detected ovulation. I know my temps are kind of erratic but looking at my chart and how my CM correlates I thought for sure maybe I ovulated on day 15? I played around with settings just to see and when I put "research method" it does give me a cover line and says I ovulated at day 15. I know the research method isn't the best but I just don't get why the other methods aren't saying the same thing. I did have some higher temps earlier in the month, could that be why? Or do you need a full cycle first for FF to detect ovulation? Any input is appreciated, thank you!

I attached my chart (I think, I'm doing this from my phone)! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
Is there any reason cd 9 is so high? If you can explain that away, I would discard it and see if that helps. Sorry! Your chart is a bit erratic. Is there anything that might delay o? Any changes in contraceptive? Your post O temps should be noticeably higher than pre-o. Even with ny funky heat wave and sleep deprivation temps pre-o, you can clearly see the pattern. I would bd every other day until you see a clear shift. Sorry! That sounds like exhausting advice

Is there any reason cd 9 is so high? If you can explain that away, I would discard it and see if that helps. Sorry! Your chart is a bit erratic. Is there anything that might delay o? Any changes in contraceptive? Your post O temps should be noticeably higher than pre-o. Even with ny funky heat wave and sleep deprivation temps pre-o, you can clearly see the pattern. I would bd every other day until you see a clear shift. Sorry! That sounds like exhausting advice

Hi! Thank you so much for replying. I honestly have no idea why cd 9 is so high! This is my first month of bc so maybe that's why my temps are kind of crazy? I temp either at 5 am or 530 am depending if it's a work day or my day off, and I always sleep 7-8 hours. I am a mouth breather though so maybe that's another reason? I've been so worried that I'm not going to ovulate after bc but then I thought when I saw my slight shift after cd 15 that maybe I got lucky and did ovulate?? Gosh this takes a toll on my emotions haha it's frustrating!

It's possible you ovulated around CD 15 but it's really hard to tell and it may take a few months for you to get used to temping.

Make sure you temp at the same time every morning and that you do so before you move too much, talk, drink anything etc. Even a 15 minute difference can change your temps.

You may want to use OPKs in the future as well. Once you know your cycles are a bit better you can drop either the OPKs, cervix checks or temps.

It's possible you ovulated around CD 15 but it's really hard to tell and it may take a few months for you to get used to temping.

Make sure you temp at the same time every morning and that you do so before you move too much, talk, drink anything etc. Even a 15 minute difference can change your temps.

You may want to use OPKs in the future as well. Once you know your cycles are a bit better you can drop either the OPKs, cervix checks or temps.

Thank you for replying! I think I will pick up some OPKs :)

Ah, if you just got off of bc then your body will usually have a delayed O. How long were your cycles before bcp? And did you stop mid pack or at the end of a pack? Women under 25 tend to bounce back sooner. I got off bcp every now and then from 16 to 24, and my first cycle was always delayed a week and then by the second cycle I was regular. But judging from your temps, I would say you haven't Oed yet. FXed it happens soon!

Ah, if you just got off of bc then your body will usually have a delayed O. How long were your cycles before bcp? And did you stop mid pack or at the end of a pack? Women under 25 tend to bounce back sooner. I got off bcp every now and then from 16 to 24, and my first cycle was always delayed a week and then by the second cycle I was regular. But judging from your temps, I would say you haven't Oed yet. FXed it happens soon!

I got on bcps at age 16 because my cycles had become more irregular but if I recall correctly they had only been irregular for a few months before I got on the pill and they were pretty regular before that. I honestly wonder now if I became irregular because of other factors like the fact that I had started exercising and "dieting" at that time too, so who knows. I wish I never would have got on them that young but oh well!

I stopped the pill at the end of the pack and have been counting cd1 as the first day of my withdrawal bleed from the pack- is that correct?

I'm 24 yrs old so I pray I'll bounce back quickly! I've read so many horror stories about coming off the pill that I'm so nervous.But I guess there's not much I can do about it except keep temping and charting!:shrug:

When you say your first cycle was delayed a week, do you mean delayed from the typical 28 day cycle week?

I had clockwork cycles before I got on bcp. I got on them at 15 because I always get sick during pms and missed a lot of school and I had a senior as a boyfriend who had a motto that no means yes (I kid you not) so I wanted to be protected in case something happened before I grew balls to dump him. My cycles were 27 days. Knowing now that my lp is 12 days, I Oed CD 15 which makes sense with previous bd and pregnancies.

So anytime I got off the pill, my first cycles were 32 days. Meaning I Oed CD 20. 5 days late. Your lp is static, but your O date can vary. So I would have a 32 cycle then be back to 27.

Once I hit 25, getting on and off hit the fan so I stopped using hormonal bcp. Even taking out my non hormonal iud has messed with my O dates. Even though I was regular before I had it and while I had it. Shrugs.

Ahh I gotcha that makes sense! Thank you! What's interesting is I changed my settings to FAM instead of Advanced today and now it gives me an ovulation day of cd 20.. Does this look correct or should I stick with the advanced setting? I've read mixed things about advanced vs FAM. Not sure which would be more accurate for someone coming off bc! Also have you noticed you can take your temp again right after the first one and get a different reading? Maybe my thermometer is crappy..
https://fertilityfriend.com/home/56afe4/ There's the link to my chart!

It's not crappy. Generally, your second reading will be higher on any thermometer. So I keep my therm in my mouth for about 15 seconds to get it from room temp to my temp then I push the button.

I prefer advanced of all settings, but I do have to override it a lot. So I only use advanced or manual.

Why were cd 19 and 20 open circles? Did you mark any symptoms like sleep or fever or were they not taken at the right time? You should should a three day sustained higher temp. I; but I am not an expert, still wouldn't say CD 20 was O. If you have Oed, I would say CD 17 but that open circle could be misleading. Just keep temping and hang in there. It will happen

I got up a little earlier on CD 19 and 20 so that's why they are open. I guess I need to make an effort to try to take it at the same time each day! I was doing either 5 am or 535am depending on the day but I see now I should probably do 5 am everyday. Thank you for the encouragement and help, I can't really talk to anyone I know about this because they have no clue!

My temperatures are a little less erratic the past few days..hoping this is a good sign but we shall see!

Chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/56afe4/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"