Chart help! Big dip/rise 3-6DPO *Triphasic at 7DPO?*

withlovemegan

Reaction score
I'm 8 DPO and I'm a bit confused by some of my temps. If it were just one temp, I wouldn't pay much attention but between 3dpo and 6dpo I had a pretty big, slow dip and then slow rise. The lowest temp was on 5dpo. I've never seen this before. Could this be related to "second estrogen surge"? Is it too early for implantation?

Please take a look at my chart below and tell me what you think :) Thank you!

Attachments

• bbt.jpg
    bbt.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 55
I won't be much help here, since this is only my first cycle tracking BBT, but I'm interested in the responses you get.

I had a dip on 3dpo back to my higher normal pre-O temp. I'm Canadian, so my temps are in Celsius. pre-O I was 36.0 or 36.1 every morning pre-O. Post it went to 36.3, rose to 36.5, dropped back to 36.1, then rose to 36.5 and has stayed at 36.4 or 36.5 every morning since. I've heard that there's often an "implantation dip" but I think 3 days is too early, unless I Od earlier than I thought and my temps just didn't rise right away (some ladies don't see a rise until 2-3 dpo).

Well, I'm good at making sense of my own charts, but I'm certainly not an expert in interpreting other people's charts :) However, if this were my chart, I'd guess that the 2DPO temp was the weird one (a bit high) and the chart possibly started going tri-phasic on 7DPO.

Sarah, I think you were right about my chart going triphasic at 7dpo. My temps rose even higher this morning. Do you consider this triphasic? Hopefully, it's a good sign! This tww is killing me!

Attachments

• bbt2.jpg
    bbt2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 20
I'd say so. Three days of a sustained temperature shift would convince me. So it could be a good thing. But remember, not every tri-phasic cycle results in a pregnancy. And plenty of bi-phasic charts DO result in pregnancy. Try to keep your feet on the ground :) You'll be able to test soon enough!

I have been charting for a year and a half so i think I can safely say that it looks somewhat triphasic.

Although, a few things to point out: First, implantation usually happens around 9-10DPO, or even later. So I'm not sure it's because of implantation that you are getting that shift.

Second, your temps all kind of hover at where your coverline is, so I'm not sure if it's triphasic as much as it just might still be swinging up from ovulation.

Third, a triphasic chart doesn't necessarily equal pregnancy. Nor does not having one mean you aren't pregnant. I just read yesterday that only 12% of triphasic charts result in pregnancy and plenty of women get pregnant without a triphasic chart. But I don't want to sound discouraging at all because I still think your chart looks really good! How long is your LP usually?

Beebee, thanks for all that info! Not discouraging at all :) My LP is almost always 14 days long and today is 10dpo.

Attachments

• bbt3.jpg
    bbt3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 20
I agree with 7 dpo lookin like your triphasic shift :) good luck!!!!

I think i am 8dpo but get 12 day LP, so we'll be testing around the same time, i really hope we get the result we're all so desperate for :)

Charting experienced ladies - can i jump on this thread and adk you for your opinions on my chart, compared to last month its totally different so not sure if its looking good or bad :(

FC!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->