Charting help anyone?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
This is only my second cycle charting in my entire life and I'm a bit confused. I know you're supposed to have an ovulation dip and then your temperature is supposed to rise for at least 3 days to confirm ovulation but does the dip occur after you've already ovulated or the day you will O?

You are supposed to get a dip the day of O and then it raises pretty drastically from there. GL!

Also, to add, not everyone gets an ovulation dip. I just wanted to mention that so you don't get discouraged or think you're not ovulating if you don't see a dip. The main thing you're looking for is the temperature shift. If you do get the dip, it's definitely nice as it kind of gives you a heads up, but it's also possible to get dips and it not be ovulation. The temp shift happens the day after ovulation due to increasing progesterone, so that's the main thing you'll be looking for, and when you get it, you ovulated the day before.

Also, if you're using FF, you won't get cross hairs until after the 3rd elevated temp. Though sometimes FF may take a few days longer to give you cross hairs (especially if you have a fallback rise), but it seems to be pretty good at getting it.

Yeah as spunky said, not everyone gets a dip first, often O can be pinpointed to be on the rise after a dip, just check my current chart to see that! The main thing is getting the rise in temps that is then sustained through the TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->