Charting help?!

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
Just wondering if someone could take a look at my current chart and tell me what they think? I am very confused... I don't know whether to trust FF which says I ovulated, or that I should think I haven't ovulated. My detector is set to FAM, which only detects ovulation via temperatures, and not OPKs/CM/CP.

Here's my chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cee20

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, i dont know much about charting but didnt wanna read n run. I hope some1 can help. Xo

I wondering if you ovd very early? Only there aren't early temps for you to confirm that but had they been low before cd9 I think ff would move your cross hairs across because the temp jumps and remained high and your cp was optimal for ovulation. Unfortunately we would never know without this early temps and then of course it will make your LP kinda LONG. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

FF marks ovulation as the last day of a lower temperature before 3 days of sustained higher temps above your "cover line" (a somewhat arbitrary temperature that is far enough above your average pre-O temp that a sustained shift above it would be significant). Looking at your chart, you definitely have a sustained shift, ignoring the dip at 6dpo. That said, your note says you felt O pain before the day your chart marks as O day, and your combination of EWCM + HSO on CD9, which was your lowest temp, actually looks like that could have been your O-day and FF just doesn't know it because it didn't have temps for CD1-8.

Looking at your previous charts, your BBT is normally lower than FF seems to think it is this time around. It put your cover line at 36.55 in your August cycle, and that's probably more accurate. That would put all of your recorded temps this cycle except CD9 above the coverline.

Your August chart shows you have a 15/16 day LP, so if CD9 was O day this time, you're expecting AF around CD24, so Thursdayish. If your temps don't plummit before then, maybe?

I wondering if you ovd very early? Only there aren't early temps for you to confirm that but had they been low before cd9 I think ff would move your cross hairs across because the temp jumps and remained high and your cp was optimal for ovulation. Unfortunately we would never know without this early temps and then of course it will make your LP kinda LONG. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I was also wondering about Oint early. I did notice that if I put in the same temp as my lowest and earliest one for CD7&8 FF says my O date was on CD9... Very early! Mind boggling, isn't it? Thank you for the reply, much appreciated :)

FF marks ovulation as the last day of a lower temperature before 3 days of sustained higher temps above your "cover line" (a somewhat arbitrary temperature that is far enough above your average pre-O temp that a sustained shift above it would be significant). Looking at your chart, you definitely have a sustained shift, ignoring the dip at 6dpo. That said, your note says you felt O pain before the day your chart marks as O day, and your combination of EWCM + HSO on CD9, which was your lowest temp, actually looks like that could have been your O-day and FF just doesn't know it because it didn't have temps for CD1-8.

Looking at your previous charts, your BBT is normally lower than FF seems to think it is this time around. It put your cover line at 36.55 in your August cycle, and that's probably more accurate. That would put all of your recorded temps this cycle except CD9 above the coverline.

Your August chart shows you have a 15/16 day LP, so if CD9 was O day this time, you're expecting AF around CD24, so Thursdayish. If your temps don't plummit before then, maybe?

August chart isn't really great to base my cover line off, I was quite sick that cycle, not having a consistent waking time or amount of sleep. Also, I'm using a new thermometer this cycle after getting some wacky readings last cycle. But like I said in my reply above, I, too, wondered about CD9. It is just a lot of limbo, never knowing whether I O or not! I've been chart stalking like crazy to see if there are any similar patterns with my current chart findings and a lot of women actually have temps that stick around cover line, dip below cover line on 6-7dpo and then rise again and a lot of those charts are BFP charts. I doubt mine is though, it would be very nice.

Thank you for your very informative response, I really appreciate you taking the time.

I've just put in fake temps for CD 7-8... My chart then gives an O date of CD9.

I had a drop in temp this morning, though I am sure I kept waking up cold, so I have marked it as such. I also had a dream of getting a bfp which felt so, so real. I didn't want to wake up. I remember taking the test, telling my husband, mother and sister. Also going and having my first ultrasound and seeing and hearing the HB. I remember just being so very excited. I could feel how real it was. Ahh.

AF turned up, just in case someone sees this thread in the future and wonders what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->