Charting or natural cycle?

free_spirtd

Expecting #1!
Reaction score
Just curious if when you're ready to TTC will you be charting or winging it? :) and why?

I charted with #1 and will do so again :) too much of a control freak to just wing it :haha:

Bit of both. I keep track of my cycles so have a rough idea of when I ovulate but that's it.

We will be winging it but I have an app on my phone which keeps track of my cycles (they can be irregular) and roughly tells me my fertile time. I won't be able to temp or anything as I work a lot of nightshifts and only sleep 3-4 hours at a time, too much caffeine = disturbed sleep to pee! :haha:

Iv promised dh that I won't "obsess" (man code for chart) for 6 months. Although I will keep track of CM and AF on my app. After that if we havn't had a bfp I'll be throwing everything at it

We'll be winging it. I don't think I have the personality for active TTC, I could see myself getting stressed about it all. Ideally my birth control would just stop working one day and I'd be fertile without knowing it!

On the other hand though I think it's really cool that using simple techniques we can see what our bodies are doing and when!

I've been charting to prevent for over 2 years now and I can't imagine ever going back to not knowing what's going on in there, so I'll keep charting when we are TTC.

But we won't be planning BD around ovulation at first - we'll just do it when we feel like it, but if it takes ages to get a BFP, then we'll start properly timing it.

Wing it. So sick of charting. And irregular cycles just frustrate me and I don't want to obsess over it. I think I'll do that for two or three cycles and then start temping again.

I spent the first month doing all the fancy TTC stuff and hated it. It made the time with hubby feel too much like a chore, especially trying to schedule it. Second month we pounced each other when we felt like it and enjoyed ourselves... and I got my positive that cycle. :) Next one I'll probably just go that route for the first six months, and if I don't get pregnant by the end of that period go back to charting, etc.

I don't "chart" but I use my ladycomp for birthcontrol. This keeps track of fertile days and ovulation... It also tells me when I'm safe and won't get pregnant. I plan to just go for it on the flashing red light day and red days in general, when we start TTC. :) For those if you who are looking for a natural form of birthcontrol that is 99.3% effective, I highly recommend ladycomp.

Mostly I'll be winging it but ill use the app on my phone to track my cycles. It gives me a rough idea of when I'm fertile and I don't have the patience or know how to get involved with temping and CM and such like.

Although I did read in the small print on my app that it isn't 100% accurate and it shouldn't be used to avoid pregnancy so I'm wondering how reliable it would be to use to get pregnant :dohh:

I will be charting :) AF came today so ive got a month to become a pro at it :haha:
we have been NTNP since aug 2012 so don't think winging it would work for us lol

For the most part we are going to wing it.... I'll just pay attention to CM and in general how I am feeling. Then if it doesn't happen right away I will temp and stuff.

I charted for my LO so will do so again.....

I use Fertility Friend and OPK's now just to track my cycle now. I will start temping a couple months before we start TTC. I charted with DD and I found it very helpful!

i will be charting, and using OPKs if i can find some. I don't have too much of an option since I will be using donor sperm

We'll probably be winging it. At least for a while. I've been off BC for 6 months now & plan to stay off it until we try to conceive late 2015. Luckily, I have pretty regular menstral cycles so I know a rough estimate of when I'm ovulating. If we don't fall pregnant after a year, I'll probably start charting to speed up the process :haha:

Right now I keep track of my period with this app on my phone called My Calender.According to it my period was supposed to start last Friday and it hasn't yet.I know I'm not pregnant plus it started late last month too.

Thanks everyone! That's all super helpful :). I think a bit of a control freak, plus I'm curious about how consistent my body is, I'll probably start temping this next cycle (7 days) and see what goes on :). I had no cm this cycle so I don't know how accurate that would be for me. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->