Charting question - IUD removal and spotting

Dill

Reaction score
I got my Mirena IUD removed on Friday, and to my utter disappointment, I started spotting last night (6dpo) and into today. The cramping is quite painful. I'm fairly certain that this is due to the IUD removal and is not an implantation bleed. It's heavy enough that I put in a pantyliner. :cry: I'm assuming I'm pretty much out for this month.

My question is how should I chart this? I use FertilityFriend. AF isn't due for 10 more days. Right now, I'm just charting it as "spotting," which it is, and that doesn't throw off my cycle length data. But if it gets heavier, do I count it as actual bleeding and risk it mucking up my data? Will I still have AF later? I'm so confused! :nope:

The last time I had a Mirena removed, I was already pregnant and didn't know it, and it was a huge disaster and months of bleeding and a D&C, so I don't really know what to expect in terms of a NORMAL removal.

Thanks for any help.

I personally wouldn't be charting until you get your first period after the mirena removal. This isn't a real cycle and any data you input now will just screw you up for later. You may get your period soon and it will change your cycle dates as your body no longer has the synthetic hormones in it and will be regulating to your natural cycle. Either way, I wouldn't really stress about any of it. Wait til you get a period, start charting at CD1 and see what happens then.

Unfortunately, I've been using this app to track my menstrual cycle for quite some time (and previously used it to help me get pregnant with #1), so I'm stuck filling in the details. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, and hope everything sorts itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->