Cheap drugs for IVF

muncho

Reaction score
Hi
i know some of you are starting IVF soon, so i hope this helps

I've just made a huge saving on my private prescription so wanted to share this list with anyone sourcing their own drugs. Its worth doing a ring around as different companies do different meds at different costs!
I hope this helps more ladies having to pay for their own drugs

•(Bupa Home Healthcare) Clinovia aka Serono: 01279 456789
•Calea aka Homecare: 0870 7492020
•(part of healthcareathome) Ferring Pharmaceuticals Ltd: 0870 2400518
•West Town Chemist – Peterborough: 01733 564144
•Pharmasure Ltd: 01923 233 466
•Rigcharm (Ali's chemist in Shadwell): 020 7790 9150
•Fazeley (Tamworth): 01827 262488
•Central Homecare: 01420-543400

Pharmasure based in watford

hope that helps :wacko:

Or you could ask your go to get you some of them free on the nhs. Im seeign him on tues so will be asking him. He cant get them all but some he can..

Thanks Muncho not sure I get it though. I am going private for ivf in March. So will I get a prescription that I can go anywhere with and could I really get some drugs free on the nhs ? When I find the list I'll tell u the name of the drugs I will be using x

Basically u will get a list of drugs, You can get them from any pharmacy. As its a privtae prescipition the pharmacy can charge you whatever they like.

So you could go to your local pharmacy for a box of cyclogest for example.

Your hospital may charge you £40 for 10 tablets
Your local pharmacy may charge you £30 for 10O
One of the above pharmies may charge you £10!!

The private hospital makes alot of profit on drugs ( i work for a pharmaceutical company that how i know all this.)

A GP can prescribe some medictaion anyway - doubt if they can presribe any injections. So you need to aks them what they can get for you for free. They may not be able to as it all depends on whether the PCT will pay for the drugs on your behalf. My way of seeing it is im saving the NHS thousands of pounds so they should pay for some of my mediaction.

I have saved about £500 for my drugs and im getting them from Pharmasure.
Let me know when you get your list. Or you could phone the above places and tell them you have a private presciption , ask how much it will cost and then compare the price to a few other places and go with the cheapest

good luck x

My clinic said I pay them for the drugs and they order them for delivery to me. So shall I just ask them if I can get them myself then? I am always looking to save some cash. I will query my GP as well as they definately owe me one. I had all the blood test on the nhs apart from the amh which they don't do so I paid £80 as apposed to £265. I will be finding my list. Thanks again for you help 4k is a lot to spend and they make more money by keeping things like this quiet x

Hi Muncho
Just looking at the long protocal they have given me. I will be taking 0.5 ml Buserelin injections for 2 weeks approx to down reg. Then stimin with a gonadotrophin for 10-14 days and Buserelin is reduced to 0.25 ml. Then a 5,000 hCG injection. Then after transfer either a 2,500 hCG injection or progesterone pessaries. My fs estimated the cost of my drugs at 1k. But since my amh result I have been told I may need more drugs to stimulate me. Thanks again for your help x

Yes def ask your clinic if you can get your own. Theres no reason why you cant. Alot of people dont know they can do this, so they dont ask.

If you need any more at the last minute then you can get those from the clinic as you may not have time to order them

ring them on monday and ask
which clinic are you with ?

I will do thanks muncho x I'm going to Mfs , Manchester fertility services. Will let u know what the say x

great! good luck. you should save a good few hundred pounds.

You can always have a look at your medicine on line here...

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/private_prescriptions.php

i dont think this is very cheap but it will give you an idea of how much it willl be .

for example menopur in this site is £14.20. i know pharmasure sell for £12.20, so you save £2 per vial. It all adds up..

Basically u will get a list of drugs, You can get them from any pharmacy. As its a privtae prescipition the pharmacy can charge you whatever they like.

So you could go to your local pharmacy for a box of cyclogest for example.

Your hospital may charge you £40 for 10 tablets
Your local pharmacy may charge you £30 for 10O
One of the above pharmies may charge you £10!!

The private hospital makes alot of profit on drugs ( i work for a pharmaceutical company that how i know all this.)

A GP can prescribe some medictaion anyway - doubt if they can presribe any injections. So you need to aks them what they can get for you for free. They may not be able to as it all depends on whether the PCT will pay for the drugs on your behalf. My way of seeing it is im saving the NHS thousands of pounds so they should pay for some of my mediaction.

I have saved about £500 for my drugs and im getting them from Pharmasure.
Let me know when you get your list. Or you could phone the above places and tell them you have a private presciption , ask how much it will cost and then compare the price to a few other places and go with the cheapest

good luck x

excellent info Muncho!! you would make a great detective! x hope tis the same here in Northern Ireland-i will be asking my gp for as much as possible from NHS

it should be the same, dont know about the gp but def you should be able to get the drugs from other places
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"