Checking Cervix @ routine exams?

1sttimemama2b

Reaction score
I know towards the end they start checking your cervix at the routine OB appointments. When does this happen?

I was wondering this too since I have my 34 week appt tomorrow. I don't remember when they started checking with my son...I think maybe when I was 35 or 36 weeks, but I had him at 37 weeks so I didn't have many appts after that first check. Hope you get some answers from some other US ladies on this. :)

My last appointment was last week when I was at 37 wks + 4 days but they didn't check. ): I'll have to ask about it this Thursday when I see him again.

This a US thing, they don't do internals until you're in labour in the UK. i'd be inclined to decline them but thats just IMO.

Hmm... I wonder what the standard is for Canada?

I've switched between so many different doctors during this pregnancy that hardly anything has been done consistently or at the right time so I'm all confused about standard procedures. S:

:shrug: Just ask your doc next time you see him/her :) Remember you don't have to do everything that is standard procedure if you don't want to. Pelvic exams are really invasive and theyre not particularly nice especially when you're pregnant. I dont see much point in them in very late pregnancy, things will happen soon anyway.

I agree with Blah, im all for internals if theres a reason, or sweep (if you agree to it) ust seems a bit pointless to see how dilated you might be at 35/36 weeks!

Funny how our healthcare is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"