• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Checkups and scans in third tri

lucilou

Cooking again!
Reaction score
Hi... just wondering what kind of appointments people are getting in 3rd tri...? I am still only seeing my midwife every 4 weeks (next appointment is at about 35 weeks) and I had a scan at 20 weeks but there has been no mention of a growth scan or anything.

I've had the routine blood tests and the midwife has been measuring my fundal height (just slightly over what it should be) and blood pressure etc... but I am starting to feel like with only 6 and a bit weeks to go, surely more should be going on by now?

I've got my ante-natal classes scheduled, but nothing else... I have luckily been feeling really well, but I feel like everyone else is getting more checkups and scans and stuff... what if there is something wrong that I don't know about?

There hasn't even been any discussion about a birth plan or anything... I'm starting to feel really unprepared!

I had no other scan after 20 weeks, and I believe that you don't unless they are worried about the growth. As for MW appointments.. .I went for 4 weekly ones until 34 weeks, then went to every 2 weeks. I didn't have any more bloods done, just fundal height, BP and urine every time.

Hope that helps!

I have seen my midwife all the way through every 4weeks - i saw her at 32 weeks - then this week at 36 then she said she doesnt want to see me til week 40! I go to my gp inbetween so not as bad but i dont think they're as good as when you see midwife! I agree seems like others really seem to seem mw alot more than me but luckily ive had no probs so have no reason to complain really! xxx

I get extra care because I'm high risk. I have midwife appointments every 3 weeks and growth scans at 28, 32, 34 & 36 weeks followed by induction at 39 weeks.

In my previous pregnancies I had the same appointments as you :)

Hi there, i have appointments at 28, 31, 34, 36, 38, and then 40 weeks. And if i go over i have one at 41 weeks with the community midwife and then at 41+3 at the hospital.

My appointments are just the usual- fundal height and position, listening in for the heartbeat, and checking my BP and urine too, although this last one i had (at 27+5) was a bit more in depth as i'd just been discharged from hospital the day before so she spent a bit longer going through things, and i had a full blood count done too.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

I have an appointment pre booked every month i go on tuesday and than its every two weeks after that one i have had two ultrasounds plus the 3d one i paid for but through the doc it was two thats usually all you get

33+4 weeks...i have apointments every week fron now...and had 2 scans in last 2 weeks and another due next week,,,:shrug:

I'm followed by a gynecologist every 4 wks (it's the norm here), she has an ultrasound machine, so she does a 5 min ultrasound at each appointment (I only had the detailed one at 22 wks, though I did schedule a private one at 17 wks).

My next appointments are at 29 wks and 33 wks, and the doctor said that we'll decide then on a birthplan and see how often she should see me.

I think the more appointments are only when issues ahve been raised. I had a scan at 28 and 31 weeks and next is at 34. This is due to my bmi and some medical treatment I had when I was 26 weeks pregnant. I see a consultant usually every fortnight and a midwife the weeks in between, i'm on meds twice daily (injections) so I think thats one reason why they are keeping a close eye on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"