Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-6!

Awww congratulations Angel, and welcome baby Melody!!

Such a beautiful girl xx

oh Angel huge congratulations on baby Melody.

that picture is perfect

welcome to motherhood. hope you can spend the next chapter of your life making priceless memories. and we will be here making the journey with you

Melody is doing well! She's gaining weight so quickly! I did an informal weight check a couple days ago by getting on the scale myself then getting on with baby and calculating the difference and she's about 8.5 lbs right now! She was just over 7 at her 10 day check in!

I am surprised at how much time I DON'T have during the day! by the time Melody eats, and then gets back to sleep I have just enough time to eat something myself and maybe a shower or a few moments of peace before she's ready to eat again. I am not even doing much housework because DH is really insistent that I try to rest as much as possible when M is sleeping.

She's starting to hit the 3-week growth spurt I Think because she's eating a lot more often all of a sudden and not sleeping as well. I realized yesterday she's basically worked herself into a state of being overtired because she's eating often but not a lot because she'll fall asleep while eating, then wake up 30 minutes later and eat more and fall asleep and repeat. So she's not getting enough sleep. Then at night if I keep her in bed with me she sleeps a little better but that's because if she's hungry she'll just wake up and attach herself, take what she wants, and go back to sleep. lol. So I am working on getting her to stay awake at feeding times, which is helping her get more sleep.

I've also started pumping once a day to create a stash. I read a book called Work Pump Repeat. If you have to go back to work and want to keep BF, I really recommend it! It's a great book full of PRACTICAL advise from a professional woman who had to find ways to pump in all sorts of awkward situations. It's also completely NON-judgemental so there's no making you feel guilty for a) working b) pumping or c) possibly having to supplement, or stop BF. She keeps reiterating that you do what you need to do and good job for trying for as long as you did! It made me feel so much better about the whole going back to work thing.

Right now the storage I'm putting away is not so much for when I go back to work as it is for if I need to go get a haircut or go to an appointment and I can have DH or someone else feed M with breastmilk and a bottle. We're going to introduce bottle end of this week or early next week I think.

In another couple weeks I'm going to slowly start transitioning toward getting her a little more on a sleep schedule, but we're going to take it slowly. My goal right now is just to get her to sleep in her bassinet! Last night we managed a whole hour before she woke up and I fed her, tried again, but then she was fussing in 30 minutes so I just took her into our bed. But, an hour is better than nothing.

Right now she's napping in her swing, and while I didn't want to let her start getting into the habit of sleeping in swings and only sleeping with the rocking sensation I'm taking advantage of the fact she's been asleep for 90 minutes and is still asleep! She needs the rest and so do I!

Okay, that's enough of my rambling! :haha:

oh my word, its sounds like you have your hands full at the moment and loving it.

your DH is just sweet to have you rest as much as possible.

im sure as she gets bigger, you will find a sleep and feed routine to that suits you.

i hope you can get her to sleep in her basinet. i know alot of co sleepers like it but i feel you may sleep better if she is safe in her basinet and you can roll over the bed as much as you need to.

the stash idea is great. you can use it whenever you need some time alone too. i know you love her endlessly but sometimes a hot relaxing soak in a tub is so needed.

i hope you are looking after yourself.
hope the birth itself never left you with too many stitches and you are healing well.

Yeah, getting her into her bassinet would be nice. But right now I actually do sleep better when she's in the bed because when she starts to whimper/smack/make hungry noises I can just move a little so she can latch on and she never full wakes up and we can both doze. When she is in her bassinet I either wake up to every noise she makes and lay there waiting to see if she's really hungry or not, or I don't end up getting her until she's already full crying which wakes us both up. So I'm actually getting decent sleep now. It helps though that we stay in bed until 7-9am (depending on how many hours she kept me up that night), but when I go back to work I'll have to be up at 5am so I will need more sleep at night by then.

The birth itself wasn't too bad, except that my epidural never fully took which meant I actually felt EVERYTHING. :wacko: It was so painful, but I didn't tear too badly. The doctor said I needed "one continuous stitch" (not sure what that meant) but it seems to have healed fairly well so I don't think it was bad. I know I didn't have a lot of damage, and she said it was fairly good considering how big her head was and that it was my first birth.

I'm doing good thanks Whimsical!

Baby blues is all gone, thank goodness, and I'm quite enjoying life with our Tilly bean. She sleeps right next to me... I've just totally accepted this is how it will be, and it's actually a relief to accept that. It's nice to have her so close and I'm actually reslly in tune with every little movement or noise she makes, and we both sleep better (plus feeding while lying down and then going straight to sleep is awesome).

Today I pumped for her for the first time so I can go out for a couple hours to see friends. I may not be gone long enough for her to need it, but I didn't want to feel terrible if she got hungry early and DH can't do anything for her. I was hesitant to use a bottle, but my midwife confirmed yesterday that it should be fine now that she's been BFing solidly for six weeks without issue.

She's now 9lbs 13oz (was 7lbs 8oz at birth) and has grown by 6cm in length. It's weird, coz we don't really notice her grow, but then suddenly realize that newer clothes that we put away because they were too big are actually perfect now.

She started smiling at us properly a few weeks ago, which has really made everything even more worthwhile, plus she pays attention to so many things around her now. You can almost see that little brain working away.

We had her passport photo done yesterday, which is fun when your hands can't be in it but your baby can't hold their own head up properly yet (though her neck is getting stronger each day) and the baby has to be awake and looking at the camera. She looks like an angry little fat man in the pic :p

Some pics attached:

Attachments

• IMG_2525.jpg
    IMG_2525.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
Oh Jezika she's GORGEOUS!! I know what you mean about not noticing they grow until the clothes suddenly fit! Melody was wearing newborn sizes that we were given (designed for 5-8lbs, and even smaller than the normal 0-3month size), and some of them were even a little large on her and suddenly a few days ago we found some of them were too small and the ones that used to dwarf her fit just perfectly! I've already started a small box of clothes to give away that she's outgrown already at 3 weeks!

I'm so glad your baby blues are gone and you've accepted she's sleeping beside you. I'm getting there too. :) I still start her in her own bed every night, but after the first feeding she tends to stay in my bed. :haha:

Jezika... Tilly is so gorgeous. i love the last not so happy face.

i guess you do what works for you and both you and Angel seem to love the little one sleeping beside you. i must admit, it does sound much more easier to feed and not wake up.

Angel.... total boo for having to feel everything. i hope you mentioned it to them after that somehow it never took. atleast you never tear so much and have healed.

i love that you both never realise your LO's have grown till you see their clothes not fitting. im sure you so into her that little things just past you.

ladies you both sound like you are in heaven :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->