Chemical followed by Blighted Ovum

Babylove100

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I had a bfp in Jan but that turned into a chemical. I then had a bfp 1 month later in Feb. Went for an early scan today at 7w6d , although if I go by O date possibly only 7w2d, but unfortunately there was no yolk and or fetal pole and the gestational sac measured 6w. I'm so devastated, I had a feeling all along something wasn't right and I'm trying to take the positives from this and keep my head up. Life is so cruel sometimes and I pray we have our rainbow baby soon.

I'll book a doctors appointment next week and I guess they'll want to rescan me to confirm. I feel awful saying this but I just want this over so I can have some closure. I gather bo's can go unnoticed until 12w so how long until I can expect to miscarry? So many questions running round my head right now and I don't know what to do with myself.xx

Hers the report from the scan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 38
I am so, so sorry. It's a heartbreaking thing to go in to see your little jelly bean and be confronted with emptiness. I'm still reeling from my blighted ovum. In my case they detected it one day before 9 weeks along, and I passed the tissue just before 11 weeks. But each miscarriage is different. It's natural to want to get the process over with and get your body back (I know I did - I felt taken hostage by a tragedy), so please don't beat yourself up for those feelings.

Thanks ChinaGirl:hugs: sorry for your loss too. Its so heartbreaking. I just feel kind of numb at the moment. My boobs are still killing me which is a cruel reminder as well! By nature I'm a self confessed control freak and this is something I have no control over :-(

Hi baby, I'm so sorry to hear this xx

The same happened to me the first time. I didn't find out till my 12 week scan. Still not passed by 13.5 weeks so I had a d&c. My body would not let go. I had 2 chemicals, then this last loss was medically managed. If it happens again I will definitely have another d&c, as it took forever for my cycle to get back to normal (if it actually has) after mm, due to retained tissue. Just my experience and opinion obviously. You will do what is right for you. Take care my sweet. PM me if you want to chat or know more, I don't mind talking about it xx

Hi Tui, thanks for your message. That totally makes sense having a d&c. I think if the next scan is as bad as Saturday's I'll take that route to as I really just want to move on and the thought of waiting to miscarry naturally and it taking 4 or 5 weeks is too much for me to cope with. It this pregnancy fails I just want to get right back in the ttc sadle!

This is the reason I had the early scan and as I'd hate to have gotten to 12 weeks to find out I had a bo.xx

hi

I had the same thing, chemical one month followed by a positive test the next which 3 scans later was a confirmed blighted Ovum and i took the pills, its heartbreaking, with the blighted ovum i still had all the symptoms and just wanted it all to end, if the outcome was bad i wanted it over, i tried to wait but failed, the pills where a trial on there own, in hindsight i would should have went for d&c.

Hope your ok as can be x x

Good for you for staying strong and practical. The only was to get that baby is to keep trying. That's what I have in my head each month. It still hurts though so let yourself grieve. I told them it was ridiculous scanning me again so they agreed to take hcg bloods 2 days apart. It showed them dropping so they booked me for a d&c. I guess you need to know for sure so a scan is best for you. Hang in there. Here if you need me xx

Thanks Tui. It's the waiting that's a killer but 10days left and I'll get through them. If by any chance I have a miracle it'll be worth the waiting and if not I'll know I've done everything I could do. And if it's not good news then I'm planning ahead and it's not all doom and gloom, for one I'll be able to save more money so could have longer off work!

Also, I know they say your more fertile after a chemical, which was true in my case as I got this bfp the very next cycle, but are you also more fertile after a mmc?? Only time will tell I guess!

How are you doing, your sounding positive which is great!!xx

I'm better now thanks. I had to take a bit of time out after the last mc. It hit me hard, as after seeing a heartbeat we thought we were in the clear. Not to be.

Not sure about the fertility thing. It took 4 cycles after my first mmc to get pregnant again. That was a chemical, then bfn, chemical, then bfp - which redulted in last mmc. So I was pretty fertile, just had crap eggs perhaps, lol. Trying to relax now and keep busy. Have a new hobby too. My journal is here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/2204133-tuis-quest-nest.html ifyou want to stay in touch.

I hope you get your miracle, but it sounds like you knew your dates. Try and keep busy xx

Yep, going by O I was about 7+1 at the scan. I wish she'd been more precise rather than saying approx 6w, I mean could it be that I was more or less than 6w! Who knows!

Life is so cruel sometimes, we'll get there I know it!xx

Hey ladies, I had a bfp in Jan but that turned into a chemical. I then had a bfp 1 month later in Feb. Went for an early scan today at 7w6d , although if I go by O date possibly only 7w2d, but unfortunately there was no yolk and or fetal pole and the gestational sac measured 6w. I'm so devastated, I had a feeling all along something wasn't right and I'm trying to take the positives from this and keep my head up. Life is so cruel sometimes and I pray we have our rainbow baby soon.

I'll book a doctors appointment next week and I guess they'll want to rescan me to confirm. I feel awful saying this but I just want this over so I can have some closure. I gather bo's can go unnoticed until 12w so how long until I can expect to miscarry? So many questions running round my head right now and I don't know what to do with myself.xx

Hi babylove100
I could have written your post. So sorry to see you here. i remember you from the TTC after a loss forum.
I am in exactly the same situation as you, I had my Chemical in December 2014. Got my BFP just 3 cycles later in February. Had an early scan on Friday (6+6) due to brown spotting, and also been told that there was an empty sac :cry: I am going for another scan on March 31st but I feel that baby has already gone as I have not had a huge amount of symptoms and the spotting is still happening with mild cramps. In my heart I have a small amount of hope but i am preparing for the worst.
Sending prayers to you and to everyone else who is having a hard time. Life really is cruel :hugs:

Ah trying I'm so sorry your going through this too! Saying it sucks is an understatement!! I'll be praying and keeping everything crossed for you on 31st that you get good news!

My scan is Friday, I'm fully expecting it to be bad news but your right there's always that tiny amount of hope that a miracle will happen! :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you. Its just so awful isn't it. You think that one early MC is enough. Defiantly feel worse this time though as have know for a few weeks now.
Wishing you the best of luck for Friday. Im feeling the same as you, Im expecting the worst but there is the tiniest glimmer of hope that that miracle will happen....sigh :hugs:

Hi, ladies. I had a bo in Oct, found out right at 11 wks when I went to the ER with some spotting. Three cycles later I got a bfp but its not looking good for this one either. I went in for some pain on my right side, they thought ectopic at first, still trying to rule it out. Hcg rising very slowly, sac measuring only like 3-4 weeks instead of 6. No definitive answer as to what's happening. I'd almost prefer it be happening without my knowing, with the bo I didn't know until it was happening. This sit and wait is excruciating. Seeing so many other women's experiences certainly helps, it seems were all just having some bad luck with the chemicals and bo's, well pull through and have our rainbows when the time is right I guess.

Hi, ladies. I had a bo in Oct, found out right at 11 wks when I went to the ER with some spotting. Three cycles later I got a bfp but its not looking good for this one either. I went in for some pain on my right side, they thought ectopic at first, still trying to rule it out. Hcg rising very slowly, sac measuring only like 3-4 weeks instead of 6. No definitive answer as to what's happening. I'd almost prefer it be happening without my knowing, with the bo I didn't know until it was happening. This sit and wait is excruciating. Seeing so many other women's experiences certainly helps, it seems were all just having some bad luck with the chemicals and bo's, well pull through and have our rainbows when the time is right I guess.

So sorry you are going through this too :hugs: I think it is the waiting around that it the worst part. If we knew for sure that things were doomed then at least we would have some closure. I hate this limbo :cry:
I really hope that if mine us another MC then it happens quickly so I can try and move on. I've been spotting for over a week now. I just want Tuesday to be over with

Babylove how did you get on today? Praying for you

Sadly bad news albeit expected news. Although there was a yolk sac and fetal pole this time but sadly no heartbeat :cry: Am so looking forward to moving on, and without sounding harsh, putting this behind us.

I wish you all the luck and will be praying for you for good news at your scan! :hugs: x

So sorry, babylove. :hugs:

Bad news here too, hcg only went up slightly, the sac hasnt grown, and doc is convinced there's no way the pregnancy is viable. Took the methotrexate and hoping to move on.

Sadly bad news albeit expected news. Although there was a yolk sac and fetal pole this time but sadly no heartbeat :cry: Am so looking forward to moving on, and without sounding harsh, putting this behind us.

I wish you all the luck and will be praying for you for good news at your scan! :hugs: x

Oh babylove I'm so sorry :( I know it's not the desired outcome but at least you are now out of limbo. It's not harsh at all about putting it behind you. I am the same I like to move on too and try to think of a brighter future.
Thank you. I am not expecting good news though if I'm honest. Spotting has not stopped since last Thursday and I feel less pregnant as each day passes. Obviously there is the tiniest glimmer of hope but deep down I know it's over :cry:
What are your next steps now? Did they just send you home to miscarry or did they give you options? I'm so scared of miscarrying :( praying it holds off until Tuesday at least.
:hugs: x

So sorry, babylove. :hugs:

Bad news here too, hcg only went up slightly, the sac hasnt grown, and doc is convinced there's no way the pregnancy is viable. Took the methotrexate and hoping to move on.

Oh I am so sorry about your loss too :( like I said to baby love at least you are now out of limbo and can begin to move on.
Did they give you much advice on what to expect etc? My last MC was v early at 5+2 so no medical intervention needed was just like a super heavy period. Now being further on I don't know what I would expect.
Hoping everything happens for you soon so you can move on and look forward to a brighter future :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->