Chemical or MC or what???

Dana_Scully

Zachary's Mommy
Reaction score
I started spotting this morning, lots of pink with tiny strings of red blood. I went to the ER, the bleeding stopped. The doctor examined me and said my cervix was closed and she couldn't see any blood. My blood test came back, I'm supposed to be 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my HCG is 26. She said the test was inconclusive, like she didn't believe that I ever was pregnant... She said that if in a week I don't have a period, to go back to get my levels tested. :shrug: After she examined me I bled a little again and now it's stopped. I have tiny cramps. I don't know what's gonna happen. I guess the baby implanted but didn't grow?

I kind of expected it to end this way. I'm pretty sure I don't want to try again :(

I am so sorry!!! I can read your pain! I would say it could be either. But I would lean more towards miscarriage... if am so sorry again!!

Don't be discouraged. Take it from someone who has had a miscarriage, blighted ovum, AND ectopic pregnancy! Never give up. You are a woman, you were designed to create and bring life into the world :) but it sounds like miscarriage. Just because the number is so low, but you never know. But keep your head up beautiful

First thing is first, do not stress yourself out. Take it easy, you still might be pregnant, and the spotting could be implantation bleeding. So rest, don't do overwork yourself, and wait this out. 4 weeks 5 days is still pretty early on, remember that. I've included a pic of HcG levels in pregnancy below. The Doctor you saw should have more supportive and less 'eh' when talking with you.

This might be a chemical, but until you start bleeding full on there is still hope. :hugs: I'll keep you in my thoughts sweets.

Attachments

• HCG levels.jpg
    HCG levels.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 21
I'm afraid of hoping. I'm getting little cramps but no more blood yet.

The doctor said if I didn't get a full blown period this week, to go see my doctor for a blood test to check the HCG. No blood this morning, still feeling a bit crampy and not pregnant. Yesterday I got mostly pink cm with a bit of red. Pretty much stopped after I left the hospital. I really don't know what's gonna happen to my baby...

Is it the ER doctor that said all of this?

If so, I've seen more often than not that ER doctors are HORRIBLE when it comes to pregnancy (most especially early pregnancy) and have often given wrong advice/information and have done nothing but cause unnecessary worry.

26 would still yield a positive result on a pregnancy test. It would be inconclusive because the number doesn't really mean much (as far as pregnancy progressing) without having your levels tested 48 hours later to see if and how they are rising.

Cramping can be very normal early pregnancy. With my first pregnancy, I cramped so much/badly that I was certain I was going to start my period. I didn't even test for a little while because it was very much like period cramping, but tested after it didn't come for about about week.

For as far along as you are, many don't feel pregnant yet. I'm not even sure I feel pregnant yet being in the 3rd tri, but being so early, not feeling pregnant doesn't necessarily mean a bad outcome.

The bleeding after the exam could have been caused by the exam itself. The cervix is very sensitive in pregnancy.

Can you call your doctor/midwife and ask them to do a beta now? I would explain the situation to them and ask for a blood draw for your own reassurance. I don't think it'd be an unreasonable request.

I know this is such a difficult time and am so sorry you're having to go through this uncertainty. I hope you get some answers soon rather than having to wait it out and continue to worry :hugs:

I started spotting this morning, lots of pink with tiny strings of red blood. I went to the ER, the bleeding stopped. The doctor examined me and said my cervix was closed and she couldn't see any blood. My blood test came back, I'm supposed to be 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant and my HCG is 26. She said the test was inconclusive, like she didn't believe that I ever was pregnant... She said that if in a week I don't have a period, to go back to get my levels tested. :shrug: After she examined me I bled a little again and now it's stopped. I have tiny cramps. I don't know what's gonna happen. I guess the baby implanted but didn't grow?

I kind of expected it to end this way. I'm pretty sure I don't want to try again :(

Aww honey Im sooo sorry. Love and prayers to you:hugs:

I managed to get an appointment with my OB/GYN in 30 minutes.

Hello we were in tww together, so sorry to read this what a stressful situation :( sounds like the doctor could have done with a drop of empathy for what you're going through and been more understanding to what you would be feeling with what she said. Best wishes and fingers crossed that all is ok xxx

Well this doctor was really nice. She said she wasn't worried at this point. She examined my belly because it's sore. She told me to do blood tests today, wednesday and friday. My belly started hurting more, not like cramps, like pressure. I started bleeding again when I wiped, it turned red. She called me later to tell me my HCG was 11 but it's okay because a different laboratory did the test then the one yesterday. But then I told her I was bleeding red and she said I'm sorry it's an MC. She still wants me to do my blood test on wednesday to make sure my levels go to 0. Thing is I stopped bleeding, it was just when I wiped, like red spotting. I feel really weak, I've been feeling like that since BFP. I don't know what to think anymore!

I'm so sorry you're going through this :(

I hope your blood draw Wednesday gives you some clear answers :hugs:

Update: MC for sure, I just started bleeding a lot and filling up my sanitary pad. :nope:

Thank you ladies for your support! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"