Chemical Pregnancy?

squishmich

Reaction score
I didn't get my period two weeks ago. Just a bit of brownish when I wiped...I thought this might have been my period, it never arrived. I kept waiting and testing, all the tests showed negative. I tested on Father's Day and got 4 BFP's! I've done a couple of tests after that just to ensure I wasn't seeing things and they are all BFP as well.

Went to the doctor and asked him for the blood work to confirm I'm pregnant (as I told him all my HPT's showed positive). Last week I went for the results and this morning I went to him again to review the results. When I asked confirmation I'm indeed pregnant, the stupid man said he didn't even check that. SERIOUSLY?! He simply just tested the anti-bodies i.e. Rubella, HIV etc. He sent me immediately for blood test again today and in the office he did a urine test. Now he said to me that all the tests are the same, but when he did the test he said it was only a faint line - that the pregnancy couldn't be confirmed unless the test lines were darker. WTF?

I thought lines were lines, regardless of faintness. I have symptoms. I'm urinating frequently, have lower cramping since ovulation, nausea started a few days ago, I threw up yesterday. I CAN SMELL EVERYTHING. I think I'm pregnant but you know how your brain gets going and you start reading EVERYTHING on the internet?

Does a chemical pregnancy always end with a period? I'm still awaiting blood test results to see my HCG numbers, but I feel like either I have a really incompetent doctor and I'm pregnant or it's a chemical pregnancy and I'm "symptom spotting".

I'm wondering if anyone else got their BFP really late (like I'm talking 19DPO) and has had similar experiences. I know every woman is different and that not every doctor knows what's going on, but I'd love to hear about your experiences/thoughts.

I did another test (a lovely 1st Response Digital which showed up YES+!)today because I couldn't stand the thought of the doctor fudging up and I was almost in tears waiting at the lab - this would be my first and long awaited pregnancy (we've been trying desperately for over a year).

Help please!

Good lord - my doctor has been kind of a moron too. After my first blood draw, he completely expected me to miscarry. In fact, he said he was "very confident" that it was not a viable pregnancy. I ended up taking two days off of work because I was so freaked out and so sad.

I think the doctors all have to be a little pessimistic. Prepare us for the worst even if our emotions require more positive thinking. Wait until your hcg numbers come back and try to stay positive xo. I will keep you in my thoughts!!

your doctor is an IDIOT and you ARE pregnant. and the so called "chemical" pregnancy is a shitty word for an early miscarriage which makes you feel like it's not real and you've just been inventing it all in your head.
i think the spotting you had might have been a decidual bleeding due to ovulation/implantation. many women get late BFPs, those depend on how quickly your body accumulates enough detectable HCG in your urine.

your doctor was an IDIOT not to test your blood for HCG! get yourself another healthcare provider asap :)

sorry if i sound a bit harsh but these kind of incompetent people who just brush you off with ignorant nonsense are really kinda hittin my nerve :)

Dude, I hear ya! My family doctor is currently on vacation (ha! what nice timing!) and this was her replacement. Since finding out I'm pregnant, I've put in my application for the local midwives association - I want them to help me out, not this guy.

I'm pretty sure the brownish was implantation bleeding, I agree. I figured everyone else in the world seems to get their IB and their BFP's early so I'd be special and get mine a little later. :winkwink:

I have to call tomorrow to find out results from today's blood test. Here's hoping they get it right.

Latest update: cramping lower abdomen, fairly centralized. I'm freaking the **** out. Seriously. I'm talking to the baby, encouraging him to stay right where he's at.

Do you know if I can go for an early ultrasound at 6 weeks? Would they do it? More importantly, would it be harmful do you think to do a scan that early?

Thanks for all your support ladies, means ever so much. :cry:

I went to my dr at 14dpo and tested negative on the urine test...well that negative test is sleeping down the hall with her Mickey Doll

That's awesome Jcliff! I'm doing my utmost to stay positive - in fact, I'm practically begging to whatever deities are out there, if they can give me this pregnancy, I will endure any and all pregnancy symptoms they throw at me...and I'll do it with a big fat smile on my face. :flower:

I hope your results come back BFP. Your doctor sounds incompetent and I'm sure all will be fine

it is not harmful to the baby to do an ultrasound that early but at 6 weeks they won't be able to tell you or see much, you might not even hear the heartbeat as well. that reading is more consistent when you're further along which is why they prefer giving you a scan later.
they'll usually do a scan in an ER but you have to have an emergency situation to go there (emergency in their opinion) so i don't know if they'd take you.

i'm really really keeping my fingers crossed for you. have you tried calling a private OB/GYN? i know private scans and test are expensive but it would put your mind at ease until your doc is back, and they could as well refer you to a midwife themselves?

I had a chemical before ds1. I had very faint positives on the days when I was due for AF, then had some bleeding with negative test followed by a period.

To me it sounds like your HCG levels are getting higher with increased symptoms...

I wonder if your urine was very dilute at the doctors?

and yes....you can do a scan at 6 weeks, u may or may not see a HB, I would wait another week if u can :)

So this morning I did another test because I'm extremely anxious and paranoid - faint positive. However I had some bleeding. Light pink, some red. No real clots. I'm just devastated. :cry:

The doctor called back with blood test results. Current HCG level is at 40. I would be 5w+3d today. I'm confident this is way to low to be a viable pregnancy. I was in tears in his office. :cry:

He's ordered an ultra sound for this afternoon to see if it's viable. He doesn't think they'll see much.

I'm still feeling nauseous but that could be because I'm severely stressed out at the moment. I know everyone would say, try not to stress, but it's nearly impossible to NOT panic. :nope:

My cramping is pretty much gone.

Thoughts?

Good luck. Hope all goes well at your ultrasound. Xx

it's more how the HCG is doubling rather than the level itself...i really hope your US goes well! :hugs:

The technician said she didn't see anything. She thinks maybe I have my dates wrong (which I don't think is the case). She suggested a transvag. ultrasound just in case as it might pick up something, but no luck.

Bleeding had stopped for a couple hours but has now returned. Small clots. I think I'm done ladies. I'm physically drained and mentally exhausted. :cry:

Doctor will probably suggest blood work in the next couple days, my heart just isn't in it. Hubby is working out of province so I'm truly on my own with this and it is a very heavy burden to bear.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you, thanks again for your support.

Sorry squish, take care of yourself. Xx

it is still very early to see anything... i hope you get more answers from your hcg test and praying for a miracle for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->