Chemical pregnancy?

faye1019

Proud Mama of 1
Reaction score
Tested on Tuesday night-- 13 DPO per Fertility Friend. Got a positive pregnancy test using a FRER.

Have tested a few more times and tests have not gotten any darker.

With my son, when I tested at 13 DPO I got a very dark BFP and was having a lot of symptoms. Sore breasts, round ligament pain, very high temp, etc. Not this time. Just a bit crampy.

I called the OB today and the person who answered said a line is a line, but they don't want to see me for blood work until next week!?

Not sure if this is a chemical pregnancy or what's going on here. Would love some insight...

I think if you are using different tests maybe that is affecting it. If not it does take some time for levels to rise. most people say wait it out a few days and the lines will get darker. Also remember to use fmu every time you test if you want to compare because that's when it is the highest in your urine anytime after it dilutes.

Okay. Yeah, I've only been using FRERs. I guess I'm just concerned because with my son the lines were very dark to begin with and I had lots of symptoms.

I tested with FMU this morning and will wait until tomorrow AM to test again.

If it were a chemical and I had positive on Tuesday, wouldn't I likely have gotten my period by now!?

So I had a chemical about 2 cycles ago. I tested positive (faintly) at 12dpo which I thought was odd. I for sure thought the lines would be darker. I tested everyday and by day 3 after the first positive, they were almost non existent. I started bleeding on day 4. I’m not saying yours is and I pray it isn’t but that was my experience with one. Yours definitely could be just because you ovulated later or implanted later. Good luck!

So I had a chemical about 2 cycles ago. I tested positive (faintly) at 12dpo which I thought was odd. I for sure thought the lines would be darker. I tested everyday and by day 3 after the first positive, they were almost non existent. I started bleeding on day 4. I’m not saying yours is and I pray it isn’t but that was my experience with one. Yours definitely could be just because you ovulated later or implanted later. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your story and I am sorry you had a chemical. My tests haven't gotten lighter yet, but I will see tomorrow AM. So stressful being in limbo like this.

Thanks for sharing your story and I am sorry you had a chemical. My tests haven't gotten lighter yet, but I will see tomorrow AM. So stressful being in limbo like this.

You’re welcome! It is stressful. I just wanted to know either way. I said after that I wouldn’t test early because my period would have been only a couple days late so I wouldn’t have even know! I’m holding off to test this time but not sure if I can wait! Haha. Hopefully tomorrow morning yours is super dark!! :hugs:

Tested again this AM with a Wondfo. Still definitely a respectable line, but not as dark as the control. I will test again with a FRER tomorrow. No sign of AF. I have blood work scheduled for Tuesday.

My wondfos were crap this time. I will say my frer had a day where it didn't seem to get darker when testing daily. Good luck!!

My wondfos were crap this time. I will say my frer had a day where it didn't seem to get darker when testing daily. Good luck!!

Thanks Flueky! So far everything just seems very different than my first pregnancy. However temp hasn't dropped and no AF so I remain optimistic. Did feel very fatigued the past two days, but may just be due to stress... :shrug:

Tested again this morning (17 DPO) with a Wondfo and a FRER. Woke up feeling very toasty. FRER was MUCH darker today so feeling very encouraged.

Trying to upload a photo but it says the file is too large?!

Attachments

• IMG_6766.jpg
    IMG_6766.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 37
Tested again this morning (17 DPO) with a Wondfo and a FRER. Woke up feeling very toasty. FRER was MUCH darker today so feeling very encouraged.

Trying to upload a photo but it says the file is too large?!

Those look like wonderful lines!! Congratulations!

My first two kiddos I had extremely high levels (dark tests), but I had the same experience with you with this kiddo. Frers weren’t obviously progressing, didn’t get very dark til 5 weeks; all is well!!

I learned to only compare wet tests to see any progress and only really even saw a big difference every 3rd day until about 5 weeks.

Congrats!! Xx

My first two kiddos I had extremely high levels (dark tests), but I had the same experience with you with this kiddo. Frers weren’t obviously progressing, didn’t get very dark til 5 weeks; all is well!!

I learned to only compare wet tests to see any progress and only really even saw a big difference every 3rd day until about 5 weeks.

Congrats!! Xx

Clearly every pregnancy is very different! Glad to hear you had a similar experience and all is well. I will be glad to get the blood work done early next week, but for now am feeling way better about things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->