Chesty cough :(

LucyEmma

Reaction score
I have got a chesty cough at the moment, its not to bad in the day but in the eveinings and when i go to bed im up coughing for ages :( is there anything anyone can recomend to do? should i wait a few more days before i go to the doctors because its only been the last two days i've had it? (was much worse last night though) can i have throte sweets to soothe it as it really hurts? thanks :) xxx

only thing you can take for it is gylceryn. I went with a really horrible cough earlier in the pregnancy and they sent me away with nothing saying there was nothing that they could do.

I always just use honey and lemon in warm water to soothe sore throats and coughs it works for me. I have no idea if you can use throat sweets when pregnant though i would ask at the chemists if there is anything you can use safely.

I've been having this problem over the last few weeks.
You can inhale vicks in hot water, but pharmacist said not to rub in on.
And the glyceryn... which might soothe a tickle, but does nothing for a crackly chest cough.

I'm on the very end of it i think... cant wait.

Aww, hun, it's horrible isn't it. I got a cough like this a coupld of weeks after I found out I was pregnant.

You can only take parcetamol and you can use Vicks vapour rub (but not the spray for some reason). I found that the Vicks helped ease my chest in the evenings, I put it on my chest, back and neck and was pretty clear most of the night. If you can manage to get comfortable you could try to sleep sitting up a little bit.

Get well soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->