~~*~ Cheyenne ~*~~

RubyRainbows

TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009
Reaction score
Do you like the name Cheyenne?

How would you picture a person with this name?

Is this a name everyone knows how to pronounce correctly (shy-ann)?

Cheyenne Marie
Cheyenne Maria
Cheyenne Mariah

Thoughts on these middle name combos?

Thanks! :flower:

I read it as (shey- enne) until i read description. I imagine a female age 28ish, curly hair.

I'd be worried about people saying it like the spice cayenne.
I picture a teenage girl being badly behaved in school (personal experience) or a very hippy down-to-earth woman.

I read it shay-enn. I picture a rebelious mouthy teen for some reason. No idea why as I have never known anyone with this name x

I really dislike the name Cheyenne (sorry!), it is a chavy name here and I've known 3 Cheyenne's and none of them have been very nice; 2 of them were little bullies. I picture a mean 10 year old when I picture someone named Cheyenne.

I picture jogging bottoms, slicked back hair and huge hoop earrings o_O sorry.
But it's if you like that matters :)

I think in the US the correct pronunciation would be well known. It's of course the name of a Native American Indian Tribe. I like Native American names - like Cheyenne, Sequoyah, Dakota - and the culture/beliefs in general. I've never known anyone named Cheyenne, personally - but "know of" two women who have teenage daughters named this. I don't know their personalities at all - but both seem to come from good families.

Cheyenne is a name I go back and forth on. I think it's beautiful, and the spelling is so nice - but then I go off it quickly. My mom loves it. It's always the name she suggests when I bring up the topic of baby names, lol.

I work in a school and there is a girl named Cherokee. I have to admit that when I heard it I initially thought whether it was culturally offensive to the Cherokee tribe. Not sure if Cheyenne would have the same thought.

I read it like Ceyenne pepper I wouldn't think to make it a "sh" as I don't know what language it derives from and not sure how the "e"s make "y" and "a", I've not heard it but the way it's pronounced would make me think it's a bit chavvy but I know names in the UK and US have every different receptions.

Where I live it's quite a "chavy" name as said above, but each areas different :)

It strikes me as a very country/Southern name. I pronounced it correctly right away but I used to have a horse named Cheyenne so it's familiar to me. It's not really my style but I think it's a nice sounding name.

I actually really love the way this name sounds to the ear, but I wouldn't consider naming a LO that because it feels like it might be culturally insensitive in some parts of the world. Up to you though.

From my personal experience it's quite a "chavy" name so i can't shake that connection in my mind. from growing up watching Dr quinn I know it's a Tribe of native american? Or indians? So i keep picturing the Indian fella sundance or w.e his name was haha.

Edit; it was clouddancing!

I would pronounce it shey-enne. I'm not very keen on it, sorry.

I picture jogging bottoms, slicked back hair and huge hoop earrings o_O sorry.
But it's if you like that matters :)

I picture this also but mainly because I know 2 and this sums them up perfectly 😂😂

I know several girls with this name and all are lovely young ladies. I personally like it.

I think its a beautiful name, i would have had it for a girl myself however we had a German shepherd dog called Cheyenne so the name reminds me of my dog thats why i couldnt name a child it, but i love it

I used to go to school with a Cheyenne - she was very sweet as a child.. then got an ASBO in her teens :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->