Chicken and Bacon Pasta

T

Tilly

I threw this lot together tonight and it was lovely!

Ingredients (serves 2-4 depending on your portion sizes)
1 onion
4 small shallots
2 cloves of garlic
3 rashers of smoked bacon
1 pack of chicken goujons
mushrooms
spinach
Splash of red wine or rose (optional)
salt
pepper
Pasta

For the white sauce:
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
Grated Parmesan/Grana Padano (optional)
Salt
Pepper

Start by chopping your chicken and bacon into small chunks, put the bacon to one side and fry off your chicken in a little olive oil. Meanwhile, dice your onions, shallots, mushrooms and 2 cloves of garlic.

When your chicken is nicely golden, add your bacon and continue frying. Few minutes later, add your onions, shallots, mushrooms and 1 clove of the garlic. I also like to season at this point and add some wine (I only added the wine because I thought it needed a bit of liquid and was being a pisshead at the same time, so... ;)).. it was very nice with the wine though.

Cook your pasta

Add some spinach to your chicken and bacon mix, and watch it wilt (you will need a fair bit of spinach for this). Add your last clove of garlic and taste, season some more if necessary.

To make your white sauce, melt your butter over a low heat then add the flour and stir continuously for a good 5 minutes, don't let it boil. After this time, add your milk gradually and slightly increase the heat. You will feel it start to thicken up. I like to add some grated cheese at this point and season with a little salt and pepper.

Remove the white sauce from the heat, drain your pasta and stir everything together.

There you go, enjoy. :)

Just to add, you can use broccoli or asparagus as well and they will go beautifully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->