Chicken pox and pregnant women

scottiejunior

Reaction score
My poor little girl has chicken pox. I am going to my best friends baby shower on Saturday and obviously not taking my lo but wondering now if it's safe still for me to go? I'm obviously around my lo all day everyday (I've had chickenpox before so it's less likely I'll catch it).

Do you think its safe or not?

Thanks in advance

I would talk it over with your friend and see how she feels, but to be honest, I would probably err on the safe side and stay away. The infectious period is before spots appear, so if you did have a case (a very mild case might not even be expressed in spots) then you wouldn't know.

I think your friend is fine. If you've had it before then you're immune so won't pass it on. I agree to discuss with her first. She may have had it. In which case you can definitely go! They don't do anything for pregnant women with a definite history of chickenpox anyway.

Totally up to you but I think you should be fine. Just let her know

It depends if your friend has had chicken pox before. Chickrn pox is not dangerous to pregnant women if they have already had them. Id tell your friend and see how she feels about it.

Poor little girl. If you've had chicken pox you won't pass it on and if friend's had it before she'll be immune anyway. But it's always nice to make sure she's happy.
(I'm a Microbiology nurse and regularly have to give advice to hospital staff about chicken pox & pregnant staff!). -x-

Thanks ladies, I've taken your advice and spoken to her- she has had them before and she is happy for me to come.

Soo glad as I was dreading the prospect of missing it.

P.s. So far my little girl is totally not bothered by the pox- hope it stays this way

Just as a warning I had chicken pox as a child and again as a teenager so not everyone is immune. It can be very serious if passed to an unborn baby - I know of a child who has learning difficulties due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->