Chicken Pox

Kians_Mummy

Mummy to Kian & an angel
Reaction score
My mum came on Tuesday with my little sister, today my mum found loads of spots on her. She took her to the doctors and she has chicken pox.

What are the chances that KJ will get them too?

All you can do is sit tight and wait, I'm afraid.
On the plus side, if you get it younger it's usually less severe, so hopefully if kian does catch it it won't hit him too hard :hugs:

I'm not gonna helpyour peace of mind...but Summer caught them from being in public a month ago. No idea who from but she took them horrendously, hope your LO doesnt!

If he was in contact for a while though I'd say there's a high chance, they are so contagous!

they normally say the virus is active and can be picked up from about a week before it shows on the person so yes he could have it, only thing to do is sit tight and wait. take him to the docs if you get worried though.

My sister was here for a while kissing and cuddling him, he is on anti-biotics at them moment for a chest infection so really hoping he doesn't get them :(

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Chickenpox/Pages/Introduction.aspx

i think his chances are quite high tbh, it can take up to 2 weeks or something silly for them to come out in spots after being exposed to it. Alice was only 18 weeks when she caught them from her cousin it wasnt anywhere near as bad as i thought it was going to be and im glad its over and done with

My sister was here for a while kissing and cuddling him, he is on anti-biotics at them moment for a chest infection so really hoping he doesn't get them :(

Hey, don't mean to be a downer but antibiotics won't protect from chicken pox - it's caused by a virus.

Secretly im hoping my two get chicken pox! The earlier the better i say! x

Hey, don't mean to be a downer but antibiotics won't protect from chicken pox - it's caused by a virus.
What I meant by that with him being poorly atm and on them he is prone to catching things. He now has a cold on top of the chest infection so really don't want him getting any worse

Unfortunately you either have to get chicken pox or the vaccine once in your life. Better earlier than sooner as it's dangerous to have it as an adult. Hope your LO feels better. :hugs2:

Its highly contagious so there is quite a big chance unfortunatly:(
I really hope he doesn't catch them though and gets better soon

i know alott! of kids with chicken pox atm! LO hasnt got any sign yet

oh good luck, quin just got his chicken pox vaccine yesterday

The sooner then better. He wont ever miss school if he gets it now.

Hope it all works out

Yeah when I had the Chicken pox my Aunt actually brought my cousin over so that we could have it together and just get it done with. The sooner the better I think, but I know it would be hard.

I hope he is ok! :)

Unfortunately you either have to get chicken pox or the vaccine once in your life. Better earlier than sooner as it's dangerous to have it as an adult. Hope your LO feels better. :hugs2:

I haven't had it and I think Noah has it :(

I must be the only person who doesn't agree that the earlier they get it the better! At least when they are 3/4/5/6 you can explain why they should try not to scratch and explain why they need to be convered in lotions etc and tell them why mummy has to change they're bum despite them screaming in agony. A one year old doesn't understand any of that... I'd deffo rather she had taken it when she was a bit older

Lily had chicken poxs last week! I put socks on her hands so she didnt scratch and it actually worked! She didnt get them too bad though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"