Chicken pox

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Layla, May 27, 2007.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

HI, sorry

i have out thid in here coz more people will see it i think.

My mate is coming to see my on wed, but her little boy has just got chicken pox, is it safe for me to be around them when pregnant?

anyone know?

x

2. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

im sure(not checked tho) wen teh spots r out thts the "safe" period, dont quote me on it tho!

3. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I always thought that it was dangerous for pregnant woman to be around someone with chicken pox, however last week at playgroup they had a notice up saying about a chicken pox outbreak and not to worry as the risk to pregnant woman is very low !

4. ablaze

i googled it and from what i can see,its only harmfull if u have not had chicken pox

5. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

yeah i have just been looking, i have had it, Coby hasnt tho...

wondering wether to be really mean and make him catch it now to get it over and done with, god that sounds terrible doesnt it. but i know the older they get, the more they scratch

x

6. ablaze

lol there was chicken pox goin round the nursery and i was so hopin the kids would get it!!! id rather they had it young!!!!

7. bexxie

bexxie Well-Known Member

Not mean Layla

I took Chloe round every kid who had it and she just would not catch it,I think she must carry it as my sisters child caught after being near Chloe only and Chloe just spent the day before with kids that were in the catching stage.

I woudl try and let him get it if you can as easier now than when you have baby around.
    Bex.x

8. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

shes due to come up on Wed, im going to check with my doc before hand to make sure that im ok to be around them, im thinking too that he might not be catching by then either.

x