chicken pox

Dont use calamine lotion it makes it itch more, the best thing to do it use lots of moisturiser. e45 or something like that emolient.
i only had chicken pox when i was 25!! and the docotr said calamine is the worst thing to use.

it will soothe at first but then it dries to a crust and makes the itching worse.
Believe me moisturiser was very soothing as it doesn't dry but gets absorbed.

Our doctor wants calamine banned lol!!

well our doctor told us to use it , so i think i will stick with that

and when i had them , calamine helped alot

well she loved putting calamine on , she got really excited

we gave her a yoghurt to eat and turned round and she had rubbed it all over her body :rofl:

https://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/dan161081/DSC_0584.jpg

also biocarbinate of soda in a bath really soothes it :D

Aww bless her .. did she actually eat any of it !! :rofl:

You can get a calamine cream that is more moisturising if that helps
other than that good luck :)

well she loved putting calamine on , she got really excited

we gave her a yoghurt to eat and turned round and she had rubbed it all over her body

Probably because its is soothing and will keep the skin supple rather than drying it out.

I've been told not to use calamine too. My friends 14 month old has them and her doctor also said to avoid it. He said to take lots of lukewarm baths, and use loads of moisturiser.

If the calamine is working on Alana, then brilliant, but just be prepared that it may drive her mad when it's completely dry, and get her in the bath if it does. I can guarantee it'll help.:hugs:

I've been told not to use calamine too. My friends 14 month old has them and her doctor also said to avoid it. He said to take lots of lukewarm baths, and use loads of moisturiser.

If the calamine is working on Alana, then brilliant, but just be prepared that it may drive her mad when it's completely dry, and get her in the bath if it does. I can guarantee it'll help.:hugs:

yeah if it bothers her then we will stop using it , but it helped her alot and shes gone to sleep now

Glad i'm not the only one who has been told that!!:happydance: was starting to feel a bit like a freak! Emolient baths were bliss for me, but then again i ad chcicken pox in the two hottest weeks of the summer, i was sat up at 1am crying coz i itched sooo much! i went throught 2 litre pots of e45 moisturiser and 2 pots of emolient baths!!

Probably why i get het up when i see people using Calamine..sorry:blush: i just remember from my experience! but it is supposed to be milder when young.

Aww Elaine.:hugs:

Just remember, it really is better while they are young.

My ex-husband caught them from Kayleigh in his mid-twenties, and was really really poorly. He had them in places I don't want to mention!:blush:

Aww Elaine.:hugs:

Just remember, it really is better while they are young.

My ex-husband caught them from Kayleigh in his mid-twenties, and was really really poorly. He had them in places I don't want to mention!:blush:

I sympathise!! i had them every where on my head, mouth and torso (and other places!:blush: . but nothing on my legs or lower arms..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->